Directions to The Meet - Help please (1 Viewer)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We will be travelling North to this weekends Opening meet and I'm not sure if I should exit M42 @ jnc 10 or jnc 11.

10 looks the quickest route but takes you up a B road for quite a long way, is this road suitable for a 36ft Rv? or should I stay on M42 until 11 and play it safe. Could do without any stressfull moments or more scratches.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Ror
Although we have been there some time ago, I can't remember :Blush:
I can only suggest that you call the site and ask their advice mate.....
Please can you post the answer? :Smile:

Keith

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Tried phoning earlier but no response will try again in the morning. Have also sent them a request by e-mail.
I will post the response as soon as I recieve it.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi from M42 TAKE A5 watch for speed camera before turn on to

the A444 TO TYCROSS about 5 miles look for signs for wellsborough and bosworth i think its brown signed also:thumb: the b585 bosworth water trust is on the right turn right for far coton

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&hloc...|14|4&loc=GB:52.62236:-1.4311:16|CV136PD|CV13 6PD
[HI FROM M1 TAKE A5 TO A444]

INPORTANT!!!! FOR LARGE RVS AND MOTORHOMES

DONT COME THE OTHER WAY ON THE MAP THROUGH FAR COTON HAS ITS NARROW AND AND HAS STEEP HUMP BACK BRIDGE .... USE A444 AND B 585

Last edited:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Thanks, Saruman! Most helpful. Rep given and thread rated top!!

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
hi from M42 TAKE A5 watch for speed camera before turn on to

the A444 TO TYCROSS about 5 miles look for signs for wellsborough and bosworth i think its brown signed also:thumb: the b585 bosworth water trust is on the right turn right for far coton

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?&hloc...|14|4&loc=GB:52.62236:-1.4311:16|CV136PD|CV13 6PD
[HI FROM M1 TAKE A5 TO A444]

INPORTANT!!!! FOR LARGE RVS AND MOTORHOMES

DONT COME THE OTHER WAY ON THE MAP THROUGH FAR COTON HAS ITS
NARROW AND AND HAS STEEP HUMP BACK BRIDGE .... USE A444 AND B 585

Thanks Saruman :thumb:

Thats brilliant, if anybody could stuck on a bridge it would be me.

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for that Ray, I don't know why you think you have a monopoly on doing stupid things Ror :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keith

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just to add for those travelling from the North via the motorways; the most direct motorway route is M42, Junc 11 (Burton on Trent). Then , off the roundabout, follow A444 towards Twycross Zoo / Nuneaton. Do not venture onto B roads until you have to turn off to the campsite as there are numerous narrow, hump back bridges and squiggly lanes through medieval villages (that means Kands and Geo need to leave all the village hardware and railings etc in place please!!!)

The A444 eventually joins the A5 close to Nuneaton at a very tricky and dangerous crossroad junction for those approaching from alternative directions, so please do take care. Both the A444 and A5 are used extensively by huge trucks.

Take care, all those travelling to the meet, looking forward to seeing you there.

Laurie :thumb:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Laurie
Thanks for that, although I have to say that I have armour plated the side and now fully intend to take out street lights from now on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Geo, you have been warned..... Stay at least 100 feet from my tailend mate :ROFLMAO:
From Cambridge, use the A14 then directions as above I would suggest.....

Keith

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
Just to add for those travelling from the North via the motorways; the most direct motorway route is M42, Junc 11 (Burton on Trent). Then , off the roundabout, follow A444 towards Twycross Zoo / Nuneaton. Do not venture onto B roads until you have to turn off to the campsite as there are numerous narrow, hump back bridges and squiggly lanes through medieval villages (that means Kands and Geo need to leave all the village hardware and railings etc in place please!!!)

The A444 eventually joins the A5 close to Nuneaton at a very tricky and dangerous crossroad junction for those approaching from alternative directions, so please do take care. Both the A444 and A5 are used extensively by huge trucks.

Take care, all those travelling to the meet, looking forward to seeing you there.

Laurie :thumb:

good one laurie:thumb:

ALSO beware the SPEED CAMERAS on the A5 near the A444 turn ITS 50 mph
ALONG THERE but HGVS get done for going over 40 mph our [hgv] speed limit along there!!! i often wondered how it noes the differance between vans and hgvs?? but beware a bloke at work got done doing 48 :RollEyes: 3 points:Blush:

cheers RAY

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
The A444 is also full of speed cameras and the odd mobile unit or so :Sad: so BE CAREFUL.
Also, the Twycross zoo area is notorious for pile-ups (usually silly hotted up hatches who don't negotiate the bend / adverse camber very well) so please try to avoid races with such characters and keep out of the ditches!!!! Keith, in the spirit of public service, leave the street lamps alone and play dodgems with these little nasties instead :ROFLMAO: Seriously, though, the A444 has areas of adverse camber like at the Twycross area, and its also the exit from the zoo as well, just to compound it, you have people who don't look for oncoming vehicles when entering the A444 from the zoo exit and I've seen a number of bumps there, some serious.

If we all get hopelessly stuck on the grass pitches I don't live too far and will collect the venerable Rangie to do a bit of tractor practice!!!

Whichever route you take, just remember to stick to M and A roads until the campsite turnoff, do not listen to the Satnav dollies leading you up the creek, or in this instance, canals!!! :ROFLMAO:

Hope to arrive around 6pm ish on Friday...........only 3 more sleeps till then!!!!

Laurie:winky:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
The A444 is also full of speed cameras and the odd mobile unit or so :Sad: so BE CAREFUL.
Also, the Twycross zoo area is notorious for pile-ups (usually silly hotted up hatches who don't negotiate the bend / adverse camber very well) so please try to avoid races with such characters and keep out of the ditches!!!! Keith, in the spirit of public service, leave the street lamps alone and play dodgems with these little nasties instead :ROFLMAO: Seriously, though, the A444 has areas of adverse camber like at the Twycross area, and its also the exit from the zoo as well, just to compound it, you have people who don't look for oncoming vehicles when entering the A444 from the zoo exit and I've seen a number of bumps there, some serious.

If we all get hopelessly stuck on the grass pitches I don't live too far and will collect the venerable Rangie to do a bit of tractor practice!!!

Whichever route you take, just remember to stick to M and A roads until the campsite turnoff, do not listen to the Satnav dollies leading you up the creek, or in this instance, canals!!! :ROFLMAO:

Hope to arrive around 6pm ish on Friday...........only 3 more sleeps till then!!!!

Can't wait:thumb::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This is the reply from the site I requested confirms what you guys have said I think.

Hi,

I would advise using J11 and continuing down the A444, There is a narrow
bridge on the other route that would cause problems for some!

Kind Regards

Paul McRobert

OP
OP
Forestboy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Owwwee that was spitefull;

Might see if I can get the bits cheaper now I hear Westcroft have some bargain basement deals on. :winky:

Mind you a cheap bottle of Rose and alls forgiven :thumb:

If the wind blows I'll be the bloke chasing bits of Rv around the site

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Fyi...

Based on Sarumans direction tips for RV owners and Camcondors post and Forestboys contact with the site, (thanks Ray, Laurie and Ror :Smile:) the route we intend to take, in our RV, is pictured below.

Given the comments about hump back bridges :Eeek: and 'interesting' lanes :whatthe: I thought it might help. (A picture paints a thousand words, and all that :winky:)

If anyone can see anything wrong let me know ::bigsmile:

Bryan

Attachments

• Bosworth.JPG
    Bosworth.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 22

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Poor Relations

1. Don't stress.
2. Get yourselves onto the A5 OR THE M42 from where you live - a road atlas should help!
3. Both the M42 and A5 cross the A444 at some stage - for M42 its junction 11 then take the exit marked A444.
4. Head towards Twycross Zoo / Bosworth Battlefield on the A444 and don't leave the A444 until you turn off to the site just as Ray has pointed out in the other thread.....
5. Don't stress
6. Set your navman, but with your own route in mind - ie don't follow her witterings mindlessly......
7. Don't stress!!!!
8. See you there tomorrow sometime!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Laurie

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Bryan,

It looks perfectly correct - once you get on the A444 you only turn off at the brown sign for the site, just as Ray confirmed. Stick to the A444 and you won't get into heart attack country!!!

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Enodreven

I have added your name to the Bosworth list :winky:

Looking forward to it now - not long to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back