Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Not sure if this of use to anyone.

https://www.directferries.co.uk/?ut...urce=dotmailer&dm_i=2LB1,17E7P,7RDS59,3SSEQ,1

As an aside I booked with them in December, got a really good price on Newcastle to Amsterdam including cancellation option for circa £155.0. We have had to cancel the trip due to an extended vacation for our motorhome in the Rapido factory but got a complete refund including the cancelation premium with no issues what so ever.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the tip-off.

Sorry you had to cancel your trip, but glad you got a full refund.

But why has the van had to go back to Rapido? Just interested as a Rapido PVC owner...

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
I am planning to write a thread about it, really praising the attitude of Rapido. We have had an issue with the electric heated floor (yes I know - it came as part of a package!). It requires quite a lot of work to fix so it is being done in the factory. The famous Antony Pfaff strikes again and I am very impressed with his attitude

Bit of a nuisance but I'd rather have it done there. The van has been transported from Scotland to France and will be returned when finished. Can't fault the after sales service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I am planning to write a thread about it, really praising the attitude of Rapido. We have had an issue with the electric heated floor (yes I know - it came as part of a package!). It requires quite a lot of work to fix so it is being done in the factory. The famous Antony Pfaff strikes again and I am very impressed with his attitude

Bit of a nuisance but I'd rather have it done there. The van has been transported from Scotland to France and will be returned when finished. Can't fault the after sales service.
Thanks for the information.

Funnily enough I ordered a Dreamer PVC (by Rapido) and after some careful consideration, specified the electric underfloor heating, along with tons of other options.

In the event, the van turned up without the comfortmatic semi-auto gearbox ordered - one of the main reasons for changing the van... so sadly, it was a deal-breaker. But rather than lose a season's motorhoming, we accepted the Rapido PVC they had in stock, with the requisite comfortmatic. But no electric underfloor heating.

As might be imagined, we weren't best pleased at the time, having the original van on order for over 6 months! And initially, we weren't thrilled with the idea of accepting the Rapido, even though it's a more expensive van. But 20 months later we are delighted with it, although we've had to call on assistance from Anthony Faff, with reference to missing heated mirrors. All a bit of a saga, but got sorted in the end with Anthony's help! And yes, I could write a thread about our experience... ;)

OP
OP
clanjones
Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
If/when we replaced the van (881f A class), Rapido will definitely be on the list. Will go to the Dusseldorf show the year before to get a clear view of what is on offer. Won't be for a few years yet though!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Perfect for the February half term and Easter holidays! You can book one-way or return sailings on selected departures from Dover to Dunkirk and Calais up to 15 April from just £27 per person each way.

The clock is ticking though, this offer expires 10am Monday 12th February, so book today!

Book Now

Please Note: Offer is available on one-way or return bookings commencing in Dover for cars up to 2.35m high and up to 9 people or motorcycles / motorcycles with side cars with up to 2 people. £20 supplement applies to bookings made on the day of travel. £10 amendment fees apply each way. Price based on Dover-Dunkirk route. Prices are subject to availability and offers may be withdrawn at any time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back