Dipped Beams for Spain (1 Viewer)

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
as far as I know ken there is no law in spain against the police checking headlights on spanish registered vehicles ... considering the number of such vehicles I notice if I happen to be out and about in spain at night which have faulty lights , perhaps surprising

but the point is , they cannot make a technical check like this , they are not trained to do so , they have no equipment ; it's a bit like sampling for red diesel , outside the remit of the police

apart from anything else they probably don't know anything about such matters any more than a british policeman would ; I asked a neighbour of mine in france about this [ head of the local gendarmerie ] ...he had never heard of beam benders or knew anything about headlights dipping to the side

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
well kenspain , did the police check your headlamp beams ?
no , I thought not , they have no kit to do so

and why anyone on this forum would say ...you definitely need them ...is beyond me ..based on what evidence ?

as previously stated you can test them yourself ....in 30 seconds at no cost ... so if you are bothered , why guess ?

when I changed a uk registered vehicle to french registration I just changed the bulbs to the modern flat topped bulbs so it will pass the mot anywhere if I understand correctly , certainly passed in france ...don't tell me the old fashioned dipping system is still fitted to vehicles sold in the uk ...come to think of it they probably do knowing british officialdom !

Hi

I said yes imo you definatley need them. The justifcation being that it is the law. Whats the point in driving on the right hand side of the road with your head lamp beams pointing the wrong way.:Wacko:

I had listened and gained advice from a lot of very experienced people on this forum. :Cool:

Maybe I should have just neglected all of the good advice that I had recieved.:Doh:

On top of that they cost next to nothing and less than no time to fit so why not fit em. :RollEyes:

Jim
::bigsmile:

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
jim , that isn't the law
the law is to fit them if you need them
the person who asked didn't say what type of headlamps he had
to say that he should fit them is terrible advice , it might turn him from legal to illegal
you have to know EXACTLY what he has to give a definitive answer ...you don't know because he hasn't said !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
as far as I know ken there is no law in spain against the police checking headlights on spanish registered vehicles ... considering the number of such vehicles I notice if I happen to be out and about in spain at night which have faulty lights , perhaps surprising

but the point is , they cannot make a technical check like this , they are not trained to do so , they have no equipment ; it's a bit like sampling for red diesel , outside the remit of the police

apart from anything else they probably don't know anything about such matters any more than a british policeman would ; I asked a neighbour of mine in france about this [ head of the local gendarmerie ] ...he had never heard of beam benders or knew anything about headlights dipping to the side

Sorry again the Police that drive the new vans they have brought out this year are Trained and are only used for this to check any car or lorry if called to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back