Dipi Das - Very nice build (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have been planning my next self build and doing some trawls on youtube for ideas.

This guys is a brilliant joiner and has come up with a seriously interesting vehicle. Not suitable for me but beautiful none the less.

This is one video of a series. I am still working my way through them..

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is the thing that really caught my attention. Looking forward to my new kitchen worksurface :)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Looks nice but Unfortunately though, is that it will only last a year, especially the worktop, the timber he has used with the thickness it will cup in the heat and damp of a Motorhome and will be so distorted it will be unworkable and probably split... real wood moves, that’s why they use engineered wood in Motorhomes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hijacking the thread we saw a wonderful little MH today based on a Morris Minor. Possibly a pickup or shooting brake version as the base they had built a very boxy living compartment on the back. :) Looked very neat though they probably had to sleep standing up. :)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Looks nice but Unfortunately though, is that it will only last a year, especially the worktop, the timber he has used with the thickness it will cup in the heat and damp of a Motorhome and will be so distorted it will be unworkable and probably split... real wood moves, that’s why they use engineered wood in Motorhomes.

What’s wrong with warped n’ cracked...

Adds character... just like moi (y)

Warped n’ cracked... still working towards character :xrofl:

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
On the subject of interesting self builds...I was chatting yesterday to someone about a cement mixer which had been converted to a motor home using the large mixing chamber and it had a large drop down patio area at the back...
No photos, but I've asked if he can put me in touch with the builder. ..
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

I disagree. I have used wood of the same thickness in my self build and it hasn't cupped yet after 8 years. I do know what you mean though. The trick I found was to to protect both sides with multiple coatings.. My first attempt at cupboards had this problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I disagree. I have used wood of the same thickness in my self build and it hasn't cupped yet after 8 years. I do know what you mean though. The trick I found was to to protect both sides with multiple coatings.. My first attempt at cupboards had this problem.
Plenty of fixings help too so it can't move/distort.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back