Dinette Cushions to make up bed (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
This is a silly question but does anyone know who the dinette cushions should be arranged to make up the single bed?

The model is the Welcome WS, 2010 model but there are lots of Chaussons with similar arrangements.

I've looked in the handbook but it just says to re-arrange them - not a lot of help.

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I started to try to explain how it works in our Welcome 27 but even I was getting confused :Eeek:

If the layout is the same (side facing sofa and two forward facing travel seats) let me know and I will try again :thumb:

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Dropping the table, extending it, folding the leg etc is obvious.... no problems there. It's how the cushions go together that's the puzzle.

I wish there was a diagram with numbers - maybe that would be too easy.

Anyway, it has two forward facing travel seats with a single base cushion and two back (they split horizontally) cushions (so three cushions the length of the travelling seats, all of different widths) and what I can only described as an "over cushion" - thin and "L" shaped, and then a single side facing seat with a base and back cushion.

There is also a long rectangular cushion which should probably also be used.

The travel seat cushions all have odd shapes because of seat belts! If worst comes to worst we'll get an air bed to make it up.... it's supposed to make into a single bed and a double with an extra piece (which we haven't made/got yet).

Although someone gave a link to a type of bunk bed that fits over the front seats and that would be an even better solution as no need to fiddle about with that heavy table!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I found in our chausson 510 that the spare cushion didn't seem to be needed, so we decided not to carry it with us. I am sure it is meant to go somewhere. We just shuffle ours around and put a duvet on top as a bit more padding. Its only my 13 year sleeping on it and she hasn't complained yet ::bigsmile:

I know what you mean though could have done with a diagram of the layout.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Chausson instructions for the single bed layout are useless & even the dealer didn't know for sure & further puzzled by the 4th bed accessory (Transit Chassis only) that we had ordered with an extra cushion! For just one teenager to sleep we move the minimum number of cushions on end & use an airbed - did try with a small single foam mattress that we already had but although great in our old caravan it was a bit too heavy & awkward to move it around in our 6m motorhome! Airbed means less wear & tear on the original cushions & less bumpy. It also stores easily on the rear double during the day, with fitted sheet still on so quick to make up & no need to deflate fully. If anyone is considering then these are good : http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0030BGA6E/?tag=mhf04-21
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000N8FJXW/?tag=mhf04-21

Last edited:
OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We have an airbed so will take that with us and use the seat cushions as barriers. The bed is for our 14 month old Grandson who will probably end up in bed with us anyway.....

The original plan was that we would have him whilst his Mum and Dad went to a "do" and they would pick him up on their way home, this plan has been altered to Gamma and Gandad will have him overnight in the motorhome!!!!! Not that we are complaining, we don't see enough of him.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Only potential problem with airbed is that our latest came with a warning that they are not suitable for young children due to danger of suffocation :Sad: No worries with our teenager but thought I'd better mention it.

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Have you considered this hammock arrangement as an alternative to the nightly jigsaw puzzle that is the Chausson dinette bed? They do put your front seats out of use but so does the dinette bed unless you can climb over your children/grandchildren at bedtime.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back