Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Hello everyone,

We're about to take delivery of our new motorhome in 6 weeks, a Chausson Welcome 78eb. This is our first 'owned' motorhome as we have only hired up to now. We are preparing the parking area and the width is pretty critical as it needs to fit between the house and garden wall and we don't want to move the wall if possible. Can anyone tell us the width including the mirrors of the vehicle? Its on the Fiat Ducato base. All the information I can find states 2.3 metres but I'm unsure whether this is just the body width excluding the mirrors. Many thanks in advance for your help.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm unsure whether this is just the body width excluding the mirrors. Many thanks in advance for your help.

How about opening the door to get out !!

I keep filling in 2.3M on ferry sites but never really thought just what that means. I did think of measuring it once but never got round to it.

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hello everyone,

We're about to take delivery of our new motorhome in 6 weeks, a Chausson Welcome 78eb. This is our first 'owned' motorhome as we have only hired up to now. We are preparing the parking area and the width is pretty critical as it needs to fit between the house and garden wall and we don't want to move the wall if possible. Can anyone tell us the width including the mirrors of the vehicle? Its on the Fiat Ducato base. All the information I can find states 2.3 metres but I'm unsure whether this is just the body width excluding the mirrors. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Stuart
I've got the Peuguot Boxer (Same Cab) the width is 2.2 mtrs, including mirrors 2.69 mtrs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Hello Brian,
Yes I see your point which I should have included. Once the cab is through the narrowest point it opens out to 3 metres. The difficulty is getting through the narrow bit.
Stuart.

Upvote 0

deedee

Free Member
Feb 9, 2012
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hello everyone,

Hi Stuart
Are driving down the side of the house or parking along side the house. We back ours (swift sundance 630L) between the house and a wall so the cab is showing the mirrors would not fit in the gap.
This way the van is out of the way and protected from some of the elements and we still have access through the drivers door, and also not quite so visible from the road.

Rob
:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Tony, Hi Geoff,

Just been out to measure the gap and it's 2.45m at the narrow bit and then opens out to 3m so I guess I can squeeze in with the mirrors folded and then once past this point still have room to open the door.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Stuart.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. I will be parking at the side of the house with a 6 ft wall parallel to the house 3m away. The complication is that there is an external brick chimney from the ground up which protrudes into the space narrowing it to 2.45m. Other posts have indicated that I should be able to squeeze past this and into the 3m space. Many thanks for your help.

Stuart.

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hello everyone,

Hi Stuart you now seem to have the parking sorted, enjoy your new Chausson I know we do. Pete n Lynn :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S
Feb 13, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115 Vogue
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Pete n Lynn

Thanks for your good wishes, I'm sure we're going to enjoy it!!!

Stuart.:thumb:

Upvote 0

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Hi Stuart.
Our drive is tight with only about 3" to spare either side, although we can use the hab door once parked. Biggest problem is being able to see the wall in the mirror on the passenger side when returning home in the dark. I have a couple of battery operated lanterns left over from the days we camped in a tent which I stand on the wall making it much easier to see and to miss.
Geoff.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back