Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Be warned if your digital TV does not receive the usual channels this is due to the changeover this week

There is absolutely nothing you or a dealer can fo to rectify this, it should all be sorted by Thursday/Friday this week.

Once it has settled down just use the search facility on your TV to reload the channels.

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
We don't have channel 5 here in Wales so Sky is a godsend (the freebie one that is)

We should be turn over soon.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Be warned if your digital TV does not receive the usual channels this is due to the changeover this week
<snip>

This is only in the Meridian area isn't it Peter? Shouldn't affect other areas should it?

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
This is only in the Meridian area isn't it Peter? Shouldn't affect other areas should it?

Graham

To be honest I dont know! I live in Berkshire and i have problems plus its affecting the south coast and today crystal palace according to my wholesaler in Poole.

He is sending me more details so I will copy/paste.

Peter

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Clicking on the regional map Link Removed shows that work is due to take place in the Meridian area on Wednesday.

There are also details of when planned engineering work might cause problems Link Removed.

Graham

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Digital Change over

In Poole we have had a card saying that change over day is the 25th. The action is outlined on the card which will mean a little time invested in going through the motions. It all looks simple on paper hopefully my Sky Reception is not affected, but other sets on analogue will be, my son will have that problem on the 25th, I'm off to Spain again on 26th-- how lucky can you be.
With a bit of luck those that like their TV's on holiday and can't adjust, will have to stay away from Poole area, so less traffic.

Now waiting for the flak!

Ron

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Digi reception where I am is dodgy to say the least.. I am on the fringe of two big transmitters and neither are stunning !
With a 48 ele antenna, mast head preamp and set on a fairly loft pole I JUST about get an acceptable signal..
With analogue if conditions go down I stil get a pitcure.
With digital it simply drops out completely, so about 10% of the time we get a very intermittent service ..
I wonder what would happen if I reduced my licence fee ( read tax fee ! ) by 10% after switch over ?
I mean, obviously they, the powers that be, consider a ten percent loss of sercise acceptable so why not a 10% loss in revinue ::bigsmile:

( oh, and we get changed over in 2011 some time )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back