Digital MMM (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
Just rehoused my back copies of MMM going back to 2013 and then read about the digital versions on which you can access archive articles going back to 2012. To me it seems a no brainer, especially as it appears that access is available anywhere, no more heavy mags to lug around. So has anyone subscribed yet and what is the verdict, worth it or not?

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I’ve changed from a paper to a digital subscription for the magazine, but unless I’m misunderstanding I’d have to pay a significant extra cost for digital copies of magazines I’ve already paid for in paper form? Ain’t going to happen- I don’t look at old copies often enough.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
How much s it ? Consider Readly at £7.99 per month and you can share the subscription with 5 friends MMM is on Readly along with other motorhome and campervan mags and 0000,s of other mags on every subject under the sun.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I don’t really like reading a magazine on my iPad (Sorry Jim), it just feels the wrong format.
I get the magazines when they do an offer but sometimes I forget to cancel the bank mandate and get full charged. Years ago I started pulling out the travel logs and filing them away, throwing the rest of the mag away. They aren’t as useful as you might think, the articles are flowing prose about what it feels like rather useful stuff about where to park the bloody Motorhome. Nice pictures though and I do remember to take the relevant pages with me when we venture somewhere.
I think I now learn more from Motorhome Fun and You tubers travel logs, many use “what three words” and I try to make notes of places to visit and yes where to park the bloody Motorhome.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On readly you can only see the back issues of MMM since they joined it, which was about 6 months ago. But Readly always show you 2 years of back issues,
I don’t really like reading a magazine on my iPad (Sorry Jim),

I used to be the same, but now given the choice to read a magazine or the Sunday papers in ink or digital I choose digital every time. So much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I don’t really like reading a magazine on my iPad (Sorry Jim), it just feels the wrong format.
I'm the same only read about 4 of the Fun mags but I'm the other way round with books. I was given a book at Christmas found it awkward to read where as I read 2 to 3 books a week on my Kindle.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Why waste money on MMM , the best one is MHF’s digital . January one put soon.

colyboy

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Why waste money on any magazine? You can always find out what you want to know with a targetted approach on the internet rather than ploughing through pages of stuff of no interest.
ezee

OP
OP
J
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
Some interesting comments. I have a digital daily paper so am quite used to the format, I download it on to a Fire 7, which is where I would download MMM. Personally I rather like the idea of the archive as, when I do my small amount of planning for a European journey, I find it useful to have an idea of where to head for and what to visit. Currently I take relevant MMM articles in a folder and sometimes refer to them on route, having them available digitally would save the clutter. Some of you mentioned Readly, what is it as I've never heard of it, what does it cost? I agree about the Fun Mag but it is a very young magazine and therefore is currently limited in its archive content.

Aug 17, 2019
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
5 years
Another here who prefers the MMM magazine in hard copy rather than digital also better for sharing it afterwards with friends who then hand it back when there finished with it.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
On readly you can only see the back issues of MMM since they joined it, which was about 6 months ago. But Readly always show you 2 years of back issues,

I used to be the same, but now given the choice to read a magazine or the Sunday papers in ink or digital I choose digital every time. So much better.
just that its difficult to swat a wasp or clean the windows with an iPad

OP
OP
J
Jun 10, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1978
Just tried to download the MUM app on to my Fire 7 but it doesn't recognise the search request, downloaded it onto my phone 8/9 months ago. Suggestions anyone

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back