DIGGERJON AND FRANCE - A BLOG TO IGNORE! (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Thanks for posting that you have added to the blog.
Can I make another suggestion for a lazy old git like me - go to your profile and add a signature and make that signature a link to your blog. Then we forgetful old devils won't have to try and remember it or find it in a huge list of favorites but we can just click it and there we are.(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Evening John
Loved reading today's blog. Had to laugh at the people parking next door when the rest is empty!! Often happens! Is it safety in numbers syndrome?
Happy travels and enjoy exploring!
We have seen whole families spend the whole day on those fishing platforms! Odd but part of French fishing culture.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I looked in at your blog. Very interesting . We're missing France at the mo but have to be back here for tests so until then I'll read your exploits.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DiggerJon
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Thanks for posting that you have added to the blog.
Can I make another suggestion for a lazy old git like me - go to your profile and add a signature and make that signature a link to your blog. Then we forgetful old devils won't have to try and remember it or find it in a huge list of favorites but we can just click it and there we are.(y)
Thanks to Fenman, I discovered how to add a signature, so hopefully you can now access it directly from my postings. Fingers crossed - and thanks for watching!

OP
OP
DiggerJon
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Hilaire la Foret 140516-004.JPG

Could anything be more French? Mid afternoon on a Saturday afternoon and everywhere is shut!

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Not only the shutness that's typical but the red and white dwarf walls are very French too.:giggler:
The signature link works a treat and opens in a new tab which is spot on.:clap:
I gave you your first comment.:smiley:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Enjoying your blog though it sounds as if Scotland has your good sunny weather :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
love the blog you could write a book it would be as good as Bill Brysons ! jard sur mer ! We had twoholidays on les Eccurils(sp) campsite with our girls and it was mostly tents now statics I think! There is an aire nearby for water dumping and sleeping. Beach is rubbish but the plage de la mine about 3 miles away is lovely all sand dunes! It will be empty now but in summer jard was busy.if you get to the Ilse De Re there are lovely French villages but all look closed out of season!

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Best blog we've read in a long time - makes us feel as if we are there in France with you. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
DiggerJon
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I'm beginning to wonder whether coming to France was a good idea, what with bank holidays littering the calendar and now a projected nationwide strike affecting transport, fuel, ports and airports. Maybe I'll just hunker down after filling up with diesel and wait for it to blow over. Anyway, I'm planning to move on today, just don't know quite where yet!

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Yes they do have a taste for a protest now and then. Usually lasts only a day or two.:unsure:
The police are mostly in attendance but only watching though this time I understand they are one of the protesters.:whistle:
As long as you know when it is coming and where it is avoidable for the most part. Just chill.;)
More often than not it gets the result wanted or at least nearly.:sneaky:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Morning Jon
Loving the blog and your little stowaway ! Ted! Bet he has been on some adventures over the years ! And looks remarkably young!!
The Vendee area is very flat and looks best when all the sunflowers are out! We like to visit La Rochelle port but the drive in his horrible with miles of Zone Comercial!! And we've never taken a van in . We took a ferry from the Ile d'oleron where we were staying and arrived by sea to the port ! Had the day there then back again . Plenty of aires on the islands and hopefully won't be as busy as the summer!
Enjoy your route ,but stock up on food ! Although super u won't be on strike will they?

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
No accounting for taste. We are all different. We didn't like La Rochele at all. The bit by the harbour with the towers that feature in every photo of La Rochelle you see was okay but no more than that and the rest of the place was for us boring and touristy.
I know we are in a minority but such is life.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes they do have a taste for a protest now and then. Usually lasts only a day or two.:unsure:
The police are mostly in attendance but only watching though this time I understand they are one of the protesters.:whistle:
As long as you know when it is coming and where it is avoidable for the most part. Just chill.;)
More often than not it gets the result wanted or at least nearly.:sneaky:
Unfortunately this one obviously isn't working as we are now in the 4th month & down to strikes every week. Last one was on the 12th.:(

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Great - we are booked to fly to Lyon on a cycling holiday on 2nd to 5th June, flights, car hire, accommodation, entry to the Mont Ventoux Sportive all paid - I'll be well hacked off if its cancelled!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Loving your blog you bring the places alive with your words thankyou.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I am enjoying reading your blog. Thankyou for sharing

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks again lovely info and photos! Enjoy and hope you find some sun further south!

OP
OP
DiggerJon
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Another ASCI site, another town - Aignan, near the wonderfully named Condom - a very French, very traditional town:-

Aignan 260516-001.JPG

But, fuel shortages threatened, it was time to move further south to St Jean du Luz; a poor man's Biarritz methinks, but on a sunny day, most attractive! Unfortunately, those sunny days seem to be rare....
St Jean du Luz 290516-008.JPG

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love reading your blog of your adventures thankyou for sharing! It's almost as if we were there you capture the ambience so well! Safe travels!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back