Rally Chat Difficulty finding rallies....... (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I've been trying to go on my first ever rally but have struggled a bit.
First problem is that only a few rallies seem to be shown on the Rally calendar but I discovered that there are evidently many more advised in the 'Scheduled Rallies' forum that are not shown on the calendar.

Second difficulty is that many of the event headings/titles on the 'Scheduled Rallies' board just show 'XXXX rally 2018' or similar either without a date or location or both in the heading/title. I inadvertently overlooked one shortly upcoming rally and have missed the booking date after trawling through and opening the pages for loads (going cross-eyed) that were either in the past, unsuitable dates for me, or far too far away. I guess it's fine for the cognoscenti who know which rallies are where and the nature of the event but for a debutant to rallying it's quite frustrating!

Am I missing something and there's a more efficient way to browse/search for upcoming events?

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
On the forum you have rally chat and scheduled rallies.
The rally chat is usually to get an idea of how many would be interested in a particular rally before any arrangements are made.
The scheduled rally is when the rally is definitely on.

You can set up an alarm when any new threads are posted to either of these.
Hope this helps.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just set the Schedule Rallies to thread to email you a warning every time a new thread is posted. Go to the Schedule Rallies forum. On the top right click "watch forum" and then click on email warning (or something like that). You will get an email every time anybody posts a new rally, and that will make you first in the queue.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back