Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hi all,

Just downloaded the Aires POIs from Campingcar-inofos and noticed that they have 4 categories.

Aires Verified Service
Aires Parking (or parking) Verified
Aires Verified on Highways
Aires Camping Verified

What is the difference between these, I know it may sound pretty obvious, but the more I think about it, the more it isn't so obvious.

Thanks

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi all,

Just downloaded the Aires POIs from Campingcar-inofos and noticed that they have 4 categories.

Aires Verified Service
Aires Parking (or parking) Verified
Aires Verified on Highways
Aires Camping Verified

What is the difference between these, I know it may sound pretty obvious, but the more I think about it, the more it isn't so obvious.

Thanks

1) = Aire de service, a place to dump your water and toilet, and fill up with water (some hook up for a few hours too)
2) Aires parking (normally said as stationment or similar) normally refers to overnight stopping.
3) Normally refers to aires on toll road where you can pull over and stop and even overnight, some say don't as its dangerous, we have done but not our prefered option due to increased robbery risk
4) Aires camping verified- normally referes to camp sites that have aires for Motorhomes, normally just outside the campsite and not able to use the facilities like showers and loos but can get water and on occasions hook ups.

there are others described differently, get the green book aire de service camping car for many more.
I have an old copy you can have when I get shot :winky::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back