takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Just purchased a Jeep wrangle unlimited, 99.9% brilliant, but at 23 to the gallon, I looked at chipping, however I had a quiet word with the Jeep mechanic at my main dealer who said they have had good results with boxes (not the £99 ebay specials) also if the box is taken off then there if no way they can tell if one had been fitted, if I was worried with respect to any warranty's. He also mentioned that Merc do a Brabus box which can be purchased. Which started me off down the German route.

After considerable research, I can across Link Removed and then by chance on a car forum, I have discovered Andrew at http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/
Who rebrand the DTE system and sell at a considerable discount, after talks and emails he as done me a great deal on the box and two sets of wiring one for the Jeep and the other for the Motorhome.

I have mentioned Fun to him and subject to admins approval, don't quite know what the right way is to go about it, I think he may be up for a discount for Fun Members. If anyone is interested.

Roy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
much better to buy one that controls the fuel via the UCU and not just increase the fuel pressure at the rail/injectors.

im sure altering the turbo boost will help but adjusting the injector timing and injection period will produce much better results

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
much better to buy one that controls the fuel via the UCU and not just increase the fuel pressure at the rail/injectors.

im sure altering the turbo boost will help but adjusting the injector timing and injection period will produce much better results

And a couple of examples of the above are............? ::bigsmile: Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
I run a DTE on my Nav' and its awesome.
If you want more reviews/info than you can shake a stick at, see www.nissan-navara.net and go to the "Performance Upgrades" area.
Granted, this isn't a Jeep forum, but it should give you a good "feel" for the product.
Personally, I would happily recomend one.

ps. Dont expect too much in the way of fuel consumption improvement by chipping. There will be some improvment, but the power gains are far more impressive.

2008 Euro 4 spec Auto Nav as standard, roughly 24mpg. Chipped with DTE, about 26.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back