Diesel price France? (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
How much is diesel in France at the moment? All of the price comparison websites I can find are way out of date, i.e. £1.09.9 for the UK, so I can not believe them.

Ralph

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
when in France in Feb the price was between 1-18 e to 1-30e So a little over a £ a litre. Surely its dearer now.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Ralph

We came back from France last Saturday.
Diesel was 1.32 Euros at the cheapest, and as I got £1.20 Euros to the £, I make that £1.10 a litre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Take a look at
Link Removed

scroll down for fuel prices

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Thanks all, will be a shorter trip than I thought we were going to have. How about the price in Belgium?

Ralph

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks all, will be a shorter trip than I thought we were going to have. How about the price in Belgium?

Ralph

Hi Ralph I think th eprice in Belgium is much the same. However however however,,,, If you are going that way then spend a day in Luxembourg, a beautiful city, and gt yourself filled up there, On my last trip early this year your looking at about 65p a litre. :ROFLMAO::thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Ralph I think th eprice in Belgium is much the same. However however however,,,, If you are going that way then spend a day in Luxembourg, a beautiful city, and gt yourself filled up there, On my last trip early this year your looking at about 65p a litre. :ROFLMAO::thumb:

Last year we were informed about the price in Luxembourg, but all the stations we passed there, were the same price as France and Germany?

Ralph

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Last year we were informed about the price in Luxembourg, but all the stations we passed there, were the same price as France and Germany?

Ralph

Ralph I can only think that you must of been on the edge, When in Lux there is always a massive q of lorries awaiting to fill up, This year we went in to the city the prices are the same everywhere in lux

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No

Ralph
If crossing via Dover - Calais then the only stations worth a look at in France are at the Auchan Supermarkets (there is one in Calais and another at Dunkerque), but diesel is generally slightly cheaper in Belgium than France.....and Calais is only 35 miles from the Belgium border.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No

Ralph

If crossing via Dover - Calais then the only stations worth a look at in France are at the Auchan Supermarkets (there is one in Calais and another at Dunkerque), but diesel is generally slightly cheaper in Belgium than France.....and Calais is only 35 miles from the Belgium border.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Further to my last, I’ve just checked the diesel price at Carrefour in Calais and using the latest exchange rate (1.2488) it comes in at 93.6 pence.
The price at my local Asda supermarket is £1.14, so it's still a considerable saving compared to the UK if you choose the right places.

Regards,
Philip.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
For future reference Philip, is there a Carrefour in Calais that can be accessed by a 3m high van?

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Again thanks for all the replies, we will be entering via Zeebrugge, we do know the area well, so will fill up there, before heading to Normandy.

Ralph

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Graham,
Not sure about the 3 meter rule at Carrefour, (that's a very good question) when I had a look via Google earth I was of the view that some Motorhomes were 'on site' so assume they will cater for both lorries/Motorhomes.

Perhaps others could advise on this point !!!

Stick with the website I sent you, I picked this up from members on this site and it has been invaluable in my journey planning. It will save me a sizable sum.

Regards,
Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back