Free Member
Sep 20, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 650 2g
Exp
Hi,

I have a 160 - 3 litre 2011 Fiat Ducato , Burstner argos 650 G Has anybody had a leak from somewhere on top of the tank .

Filled up on sunday came home to load up van to find diesel leaking over my drive . Is it possible to over fill or is there any common problems with the tank or piping . MOT next so will get it inspected and repaired . tank now down to 3/4 and leak stopped .

Thanks Gary

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
he leaks at the toip of the tank look for items screwed down above it
my sons vw had a broken cd changer under the seat so he removed it and put the screws back into the holes to prevent any water getting in next time he filled up deisel started leaking the 2 mm difference in the depth of the screws had gone through the tank top
luckily we managed to seal it with a soldering iron

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

KenRV

Free Member
Nov 18, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1991
Hi Gary,

Did you have any luck fixing your leak? I have a similar problem with a 2015 Ducato Maxi RV. Any info/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ken.

OP
OP
gazandvon

gazandvon

Free Member
Sep 20, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 650 2g
Exp
Hello Ken

Sorry to hear you have a Leak . I did fix the leak on my van, after the inspection it turned out somebody had drilled into the tank quite high up to steal the diesel , the previous owner tried to patch it up, when I filled to the max with diesel that's when I noticed the leak .

In the end I needed a new tank, I rang around the fiat truck dealers and a new tank cost around 900GBP ouch , so tried the internet and got a second hand one from a local van breakers with sender unit for 75GBP result . Now i know what it looks like on top of the tank it could be leaking from the sender unit . hope this helps

Gary

RSB138

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
Londonderry N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years +
I had the same problem and it was not the tank It was from
the fuel filter O ring