Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have been out of England for about six weeks now so prices may have come down but here in Portugal the price on major routes is around 1.35 euros and at the Intermarche here it is just 1.25 euros. If I remember correctly it is a tad cheaper than Spain but not enough in it to risk running dry

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Price paid yesterday here in Belgium €1.213 not the set price but due to go down again on Wednesday next week.

Mel

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It never ceases to amaze me!
Crude oil has been as high as $108 per barrel, and if it went up a dollar, there would be a price rise at the pumps the next day.
Now it is down to $84 per barrel, and we have not seen a significant drop at the pumps. That's $24 cheaper than a few weeks ago.
You could bet diamonds if there was an increase in crude oil of $24 per barrel, the pump price would jump immediately, and significantly.
Are we being ripped off? You betcha!

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
latest UK gov figures..

On Monday 13th October 2014, the price of ULSP (unleaded petrol) was 126.5p/litre, this is 0.3p/litre lower than the previous week. The price for ULSD (diesel) was 131.1p/litre, this is also 0.3p/litre lower than the previous week.

The price of ULSP is 5.2p/litre lower, with the price of ULSD 8.1p/litre lower thanthe equivalent week in 2013.

Filled up last week, it was 124.9p/litre for unleaded. I also got 6p/litre off with Tesco points

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
For anyone travelling down the Albacete motorway in the direction of Murcia a diversion through Molina de Segura will take you to a petrol station called El Puente (the bridge) where diesel is 1.17.5 euros a litre today. Another cheap place is at Sangonera la Seca (Eroski) next to Decathlon off the Murcia/Cartagena motorway (MU 30).

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I live next door to a man who runs 3 filling stations. He says he makes hardly any money from fuel, his profits come from the shops he has at each filling station.

At the time when the cost of oil goes down garage owners can't be expected to sell the petrol they have already bought at a loss. It is only when they refill their tanks can they pass on the lower price to the consumer.

Conversely, when oil prices go up garages increase prices at once so they can pay for their next refill, which is going to cost them more than the last one.

It isn't fair but with a typical tanker delivery costing over £50K and margins of a few pennies a litre you can perhaps see why no one gets rich selling fuel. I doubt supermarkets make anything from fuel, it is just a way of enticing customers to the store.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We have been out of England for about six weeks now so prices may have come down but here in Portugal the price on major routes is around 1.35 euros and at the Intermarche here it is just 1.25 euros. If I remember correctly it is a tad cheaper than Spain but not enough in it to risk running dry
Either way it's BL*&DY cheap compared to UK...........just buy it :devil:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........

Alan, we are paying 1.16 euro's right now, but it only went down a few days ago so normal price would be around 1.20 euro mark. As many say stay better than UK prices.............

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I live next door to a man who runs 3 filling stations. He says he makes hardly any money from fuel, his profits come from the shops he has at each filling station.

At the time when the cost of oil goes down garage owners can't be expected to sell the petrol they have already bought at a loss. It is only when they refill their tanks can they pass on the lower price to the consumer.

Conversely, when oil prices go up garages increase prices at once so they can pay for their next refill, which is going to cost them more than the last one.

It isn't fair but with a typical tanker delivery costing over £50K and margins of a few pennies a litre you can perhaps see why no one gets rich selling fuel. I doubt supermarkets make anything from fuel, it is just a way of enticing customers to the store.

Many moons ago i worked for someone who owned a lot of petrol stations and he said then that very little was made on the petrol.
He had video shops and the shop side made the profit.

Reactions: DBK

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Tax is the biggest element in the price of fuel.. about 80p per litre ..

This table shows the hidden tax on Petrol (ULSP 95 Octane) and Diesel (ULSD) fuel in the UK.

Broken Link Removed

putting that into perspective.. on a fill up of 50 liters costing £63 we are paying £40 tax

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
The thing is no matter what it costs we still buy it because we want to use our motorhomes. It's nice if it's cheaper but if it ain't then so what we still fill up and go away. When we had the Winnebgo to fill the tank was about £450 we got 8 mpg but so what you only live once and I had the biggest smile on the road driving it. Unfortunately my bank manager doesn't think the same way as me so now we have a Busrtner that does 24 mpg. But still think the same. Proberly why I never have any money. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back