Diesel Heaters (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
I have a 9m tag that drinks LPG like a wino on a street corner. I can only carry an 11 and 6k thanks to swift so I opted for a max speedingrods 5kw diesel. Yes it’s noisy but you get used to is. No more worries in running out of gas too. I find once the camper is warm even the lowest setting 2.5 litres in 24hr is too hot so I have to cycle it. The 2kw heat on minimum is the same low setting. So it would t have helped. No regrets from me I’m happy with it

Mine was 300 fitted from the diesel tank itself by the diesel heater guy on Facebook he comes to you

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I fitted a Chinese diesel heater to my VW T6.1 just before Christmas in -12 degrees I fitted it beneath my van on a stainless steel bracket bolted to the chassis, I installed the pump with a proper cover clamped to it, I cut a hole for the heating hose under the drivers seat and ran the hose under the drivers seat with a T piece and fitted a heater outlet duct to the front passenger side of the seat box and ran a rear duct to the back of the seat box to heat the rear of my van. I dropped the diesel tank to fit the fuel delivery pipe and fitted the controller under the rear window in my van and on the second attempt with the remote control the heater fired up lovely.
Total cost was under £200.

John.
I hope you cut a second hole for air in from the van to the heater as otherwise you are permanently heating cold air .
Like running your central heating permanently off an incoming cold supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back