portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
Can anyone help.

I have a diesel heater problem.

I switched the heating on in my motor home the other day to see if it worked and it did for about 5 minuets lots of heat, Then the van filled with smoke from all the open outlets so i switched it off and now nothing at all happens when switch on.

I have not had a look to see what has gone wrong yet but will do later this week.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen and could give me a clue as to were to start looking.

Thanks Rob

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sounds serious, I wouldn't have thought there is any way the combustion side should be able to reach the blown air side. What type of heater is it?

OP
OP
octopush

octopush

Free Member
Sep 28, 2012
portsmouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2days
I was thinking the same.

I think it is a Webasto i will have a look when i get home

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Webasto have quite a good technical support line. I have heard of people being talked through problems by them, resetting fault codes etc. If it is a Webasto give them a ring.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
When we first got our MH , we were away in it and the normally quiet Webasto ( unless on start up :RollEyes:) started making a right racket. Compared to normal . The Motorhome hadn't been used for quite a long time. Before we bought it.
We turned it off , worried. It wasn't that cold anyway. We were just trying it out. Anyway after a trip back to the dealer on our return , it turns out it was only the self cleaning system thingumyjigs . It does it every once in a while to self service it or something like that...
There was never any smoke though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lee52

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
selfbuild
Exp
was the smoke diesel smoke? I had one pumping smoke out off the outlets there was (well I think) a nest in the outlet of the heater up against the combustion chamber and once it got to full temp it started burning the nest . has it been unused for a long time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back