Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato MH2
Exp
Since 2000
Webasto x100
Versus
Wallas xc duo
I'm about to choose between these two hob units and I'm looking for opinions regarding build quality, reliability and aftercare.

As you know these aren't cheap and we all know Wallas has the blower feature Etc.

So I'm a long term experienced camper and done the research and now the crunch which is the better buy based on quality, reliability and aftercare advice you can only get from owners.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I have only had the Wallas XC Duo, my van was designed around it! (previous van had smev gas hob & no heating)

I've had it fitted for two and a half years and can't fault it

Just one small device for cooking & heating with no gas, gas cylinders, alarms, etc. For me it was a no brainer.

The only servicing required is cleaning the exhaust head (a few minutes a year)

As a paraglider pilot, one feature that I like is the high altitude setting (weakens mixture) not sure if Webasto has that, or whether you need it?

If you are going for one, wire it directly to the leisure battery (fused) my fitment means that I dont need a separate on/off switch, as if I need to re-set it I can reach the plug/socket & disconnect/reconnect it. That said, I've never had to.

Only downside is the time it takes to warm up, means it's 6 minutes to boil a kettle for a quick cuppa, doesn't bother me but the doubters & naysayers, who dont like change will go on about that and the cost! That said, if you cost up the alternatives gas hob, heater, cylinders, drop out etc. the costs aren't that much higher.

Specifically to answer your post:

Quality - very good

Reliability - very good, so far

Aftercare - none required, so far

It does exactly what it says on the can, I would never go back to seperates units & gas

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Had the Wallas in a T5 (our son converts them) built around it has nasher did great no gas bottle very very warm the 6 mins boil time no problem and a solid reliable unit would definitely have again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

NickB

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato MH2
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks both definitely a no brainer for me as well.
I made my mind up over a year ago.. leaning towards the Wallas as well.
Saw the video when it came out and I've "read" and "read" and "read" and I don't think there's a youtube video I haven't watched.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back