Dieppe and Honfleur (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Just planning (not booking) our first couple of nights in France and thinking about staying in Camping Vitamin on the outskirts ofDieppe and La Briquerie near Honfleur.
Has anyone been to these or are there better options for sightseeing?
Thanks.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, we have stayed at le briquerie it's a good site with individual pitches 2 pools and a restaurant the toilets and showers are superb and two minutes walk away is a supermarket and a bricolage ,also the bus stop is nearby for a 5 minute ride into Honfleur . The aire at Honfleur can be very busy and there are only so many electric points so you have to get in there early !:D

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
About two years ago we stopped at Camping Normandie sur Mer Phare - walking distance of Honfleur - there were queues waiting to get in as the onwers closed for lunch - pitches were very rutted after rain and the toilets were disgusting - not cleaned and litter bins knocked over in the loos with unmentionable debris over the floor :eek:. Our French neighbours on the next pitch had trouble levelling due to the maasive ruts that had not been repaired and left to dry out .All this for about 24 euros a night! Wont be back to this site - although Honfleur is a great for the seeing buildings and eating out was great :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Saturday is market day in Honfleur, really brings to town to life. Inside of the main church is worth a look. It's built like a wooden ship.

Dick

Reactions: f6c

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
IMG_0412.JPG
The aire is our regular stopover going west. Easy walking distance from the centre with good restaurants alongside the inner harbour.€11 a night lastSeptember including water,emptying grey & black waste plus electric, with regular municipal police visits plus fresh bread in the morning. Also there is an E Leclerc on the way out for provisions and cheap diesel. Intend be there start of May

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Use La Briquerie,when i tried the aire,it was packed,and all the leci points in use,La Briquerie,is a good site

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I always stop at La Source site which is 20 mins from the Dieppe ferry, rural, quiet, completely level and has a delightful river running through.

View from my pitch
Broken Link Removed

There are two Aires at Dieppe, one is beside the harbour, about 300 yds from the ferry terminal and the other is a further 1/2 mile on the promenade at the town centre. It has recently been completely rebuilt.
Both are Pay and Display at about 7 euros for 24hrs.

Huge Dieppe Saturday market
Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed
Plenty of bars and restos 400 yds from the Dieppe promenade Aire
Broken Link Removed

At Honfleur there's a huge Aire near the centre but I have used the Lighthouse (?) site adjacent to the town centre.
Obviously if you're going July/August Honfleur will be pretty crowded and you'll have to be prepared for sites to be full.

Last edited:

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
I would say definitely use the aires and enjoy being on-the-spot for sightseeing. Why would you need toilets when you have your own on board (and you know it's clean)? Having an EHU is no big deal either, just an optional extra if you happen to find it. I'm pretty certain that most motorhomes can run perfectly well on 12v and gas for at least a couple of days. Enjoy your trip.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
This site is amazing. I'm just about to book a ferry to Dieppe, and was thinking about checking out the aires situation. Lo and behold here's the info!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
There is a municipal site in the town centre of Honfleur that's ok. Every time I pass the Aire it is crowded and looks like a dump so not for me.(y)
Each to his own, have used this aire many times, very short walk into town, elecy if you want it and view overlooking boats if you can get it. Easy in, easy out and handy for supermarket suits me when passing through.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
When i was on the trucks used to call in honfleur for a couple of cidres and a bite to eat good cafs, when waiting for ferry home, should think it gets very busy in summer

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
When i was on the trucks used to call in honfleur for a couple of cidres and a bite to eat good cafs, when waiting for ferry home, should think it gets very busy in summer
It certainly does. I have stayed at one of these camp sites in Honfleur, it was a bit naff, never went back. Last year I had to queue for the aires, it was packed but just enough space for me, parking over a large puddle. But it is very convenient for the town and restaurants, and useful for the ferry.

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Stayed on Aire at Honfleur loads of times.Suits us for a couple of days.Yes it gets very busy.Found best time to arrive is about 11 to 1pm.Also stayed on Aire in Dieppe by Harbour!Did'nt know there was another on.Whats It like?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We always use the aire at Honfleur. We've been there when it's been rammed absolutely solid and we've been there when it's been pretty empty. Never had any issues and it suits us perfectly.

I'd never use a campsite instead.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
View attachment 153655 The aire is our regular stopover going west. Easy walking distance from the centre with good restaurants alongside the inner harbour.€11 a night lastSeptember including water,emptying grey & black waste plus electric, with regular municipal police visits plus fresh bread in the morning. Also there is an E Leclerc on the way out for provisions and cheap diesel. Intend be there start of May
@Rapido924f where is this aire please

Last edited:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The other aire at dieppe is around the other side of the harbour .from the harbour aire turn left out of the gate turn right at the traffic lights and turn right at the next 2 roundabouts and follow the road around

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Stayed at Hornfleur aire a couple of times last year and would recommend it. Depending on when you're travelling, should should be able to get electric hook up (first come first serve). You may need a long lead otherwise.
We came across a camp site near the beach called Camping Normandie sur Mer Phare which was within easy walking distance from the centre.
It looked fine.
Not stayed at Dieppe but there is an aire there too I believe.

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
@Rapido924f where is this aire please
Sorry to be so late in replying, been away visiting new arrival Felix aged 29 days and also waiting for another 10 days overdue!!! Aire is by the harbour at Honfleur and can be see as you enter the town centre on your right past Lidl. Gps are N49*25.150' E000*14.586'.
* is degrees, can't find symbol on keyboard)

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Honfleur aire, always amazes me how quiet it is a night for such a busy aire. Its ideal for us to visit Honfleur

Aug 4, 2016
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Since 2003
Dieppe is now 12 euros for 24hrs, there is a few hook ups on the right hand side, no toilet though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Dieppe not only €12 you also get illegals knocking on your door asking for money, used to be nice but won't stay there anymore.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Sorry to be so late in replying, been away visiting new arrival Felix aged 29 days and also waiting for another 10 days overdue!!! Aire is by the harbour at Honfleur and can be see as you enter the town centre on your right past Lidl. Gps are N49*25.150' E000*14.586'.
* is degrees, can't find symbol on keyboard)
Thanks @Rapido924f we have been to honfleur before, nice aire and lovely town

Jan 12, 2016
Amble
Funster No
MH
adria izola
Exp
since 2014
Stayed at Honfleur, very busy, but always found a place with electric, short walk to town , great food around the harbour. Nice walk thru the gardens to the beach.Make sure you have a head for heights going over the bridge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back