Did not expect it would take so long to come...…….. (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
……… but after a 4 month wait...…. took delivery yesterday of our new Globecar Campscout. A couple of minor snags to be sorted by the Dealer...… and of course quite a few modifications to customise and satisfy SWMBO! Early days but so far very pleased.

Hope we made the correct decision in going for the Comfortmatic gearshift. SWMBO thought that with her slight hip problems, which can only be expected to get worse with age, the somewhat heavier clutch than on a car might best be avoided.

Will post a Review of the Dealer at a later stage, when have some experience of the post-sale support. So far pleased with SMC at Newark. Good handover/reasonable part-ex value given on our 4-year old Autocruise Accent/made good job of fitting the extra items we specified.

Now seeking to extend the 2-year base vehicle warranty to 5 years with Fiat. This has to be done within 15 days of vehicle registration I understand.

Looking forward to taking our new MoHo on its first MHFun Rally shortly.

:D:D:D:D:D

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
Exciting isn’t it, we get ours today and first rally next week in Edinburgh, I know everyone on here just pretends to be slightly mad and they will all be nice sensible folk, right? ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Welcome to the Globecar Family for starters :cool: A nice purchase.

If you do want to persue the extended warranty-thing then be as quick and as forceful with SMC as you can as they fumbled around with me and I lost the chance to buy the extended warranty. We've got a warranty section open in the Globecar section of the forum so keep an eye on it.

Their excuse to me in December 2018 was that they didn't know what to do and they were seeking direction.

Enjoy your new van,

Andrew

OP
OP
Millcourt
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Exciting isn’t it, we get ours today and first rally next week in Edinburgh, I know everyone on here just pretends to be slightly mad and they will all be nice sensible folk, right? ?

All being well, see you in Edinburgh next week. We are also booked on this Rally. (y)

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Weld one Mil court. We expected our Possl - same company I think - Roadstar 600 L Revolution in February. I will pick it up next Friday. Possl's first excuse was 2 weeks of heavy snow. Can't wait to spend some time in it.

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 13, 2017
Hondon Valley and the Kellets
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Extended warranty will set you back around £860 for an extra three years.
If you pop up the road to Brownhills they can set it up for you. It must be done at a fiat approved dealer/ garage.

Bob Cress

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Fiat Globecar
Exp
New
Lucky you.\we ordered our Globe car Scout at the October 2018 show. We were promised delivery by end of May....Despite many telephone conversations, we still do not have a delivery date. Just hope it's worth waiting for. Do you get priority if you order direct from SMC?

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Lucky you.\we ordered our Globe car Scout at the October 2018 show. We were promised delivery by end of May....Despite many telephone conversations, we still do not have a delivery date. Just hope it's worth waiting for. Do you get priority if you order direct from SMC?

That's terrible news especially when you're not getting any feedback from the dealer.

You've mentioned Globecar Scout but which specific model did you order Bob.

Cheers,

Andrew

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
We ordered the Globe car Camp Scout B.

You would have to give them a bell but I think there's a new B-version at Newark.

We came close to buying a Campscout B too.

OP
OP
Millcourt
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017

Yes, our order was with SMC at the February NEC Show. At the time we understood it was in stock. The week after the show we went to the Newark Showroom to finalise extra items we wanted fitting and was advised it should have been delivered to them the previous Friday, but had not arrived, however we were told we should be able to collect before the end of March. Later we were advised that there had been problems at the factory in Germany with heavy winter snow causing disruption to the production schedule, but that the build was scheduled for March.

After further delays, the motorhome finally arrived at SMC on Monday 10th June. We had been advised of this the previous Wednesday and were promised a speedy turnaround in the extras/modifications we had ordered. These included fitting a Cooker, Awning, Awning light, 150 watt Solar Panel, Winter Pack, Dometic twin lens Reversing/Rear view Camera and Monitor, TV Aerial/TV point/Bracket, transfer GasLow from Part-ex MoHo and fit external filler and BBQ point and install an Alarm System. To be fair to SMC, I believe the delays in obtaining the MoHo from Globecar were outwith their control and they certainly worked speedily to complete the extra items, to ensure we were able to collect last Thursday afternoon - just giving us time to spend this weekend moving all of our kit back on board ready to depart on a previously planned trip tomorrow.

So far only a couple of minor snags and SMC have the replacement items on order. Hopefully the next couple of weeks use will not reveal (m)any more snags needing attention.

Bob - are you also buying directly from SMC? I am near certain I saw a Campscout B Elegance with manual gearshift in the Showroom, when we were there last Thursday afternoon. Just checked their website and they are showing this as available and in stock. If this is what you are looking for, it may be worth giving them a call tomorrow and asking to speak with Neal James the Sales Manager. Hope you get what you are seeking without too much further delay.

OP
OP
Millcourt
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
What sort of cost are you expecting to extend the base vehicle warranty to 5 years?

Finally sorted out the extended warranty. Have posted details of my experience on the thread "Extended Fiat Warranty", which you may find helpful. This is at:

Broken Link Removed

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Wish I had known about extended warranty ... my dealer never mentioned it. We too had a long wait BUT love the van. Happy travels ...

OP
OP
Millcourt
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry about the link not working for you. My mistake......I was responding to a conversation started some weeks ago.

This is a copy of what I said...…..

Fiat Extended Warranty

Sorted!

Telephoned Fiat Pro in Italy. Helpful English speaking Lady needed to know details from my V5 DVLA Registration Document...… but this had not as then arrived. She asked for the VIN number (which I had) to check her records and said it was too late as the van had been shipped from the factory in October last year. (Very interesting!!!) I explained that this was a PVC "camper" conversion by Globecar in Germany, which I had only taken delivery of 4 days earlier. No problem she said...… but I would need to arrange the extended warranty through a UK Fiat Professional Dealership. She gave me the telephone numbers of several reasonably local contacts, but warned me that not all of the "Professional" dealerships in the UK would be willing to sell me an extended warranty, preferring to sell their own insurance-based alternatives as these were more profitable for the Dealer. She went on to say that Fiat could not enforce a requirement that their appointed "Professional Dealers" must sell Fiat Warranty extensions!!!!!!!

I telephoned several Pro Dealerships and all but one said they would not sell the Fiat Extended Warranty but could sell me an alternative. One said they could, but this would be for a Ducato Van extension of 2 years starting after year 3, as the vans are sold with a 3-year warranty...… the first 2 from Fiat, the 3rd year from the Dealer. Interestingly, Camper/MoHo Fiat based vehicles only have 2 years warranty from new.

I went back to SMC who had supplied my new Campscout and spoke with the very helpful Service Manager. He said that he would look into this and I reminded him that I understood this extension for purchasing cover for years 3, 4 and 5 was only available within 15 days of first registration. He came back to me later the same day to say he had been in touch with Fiat and now had on-line access to set-up the extended warranty. (Apparently this was the first time he had done this.) After taking my Credit Card details (for £866.66 incl VAT), he was able to register my new MoHo under the "Maximum Care Camper Warranty" and has since sent me the Certificate to prove it. This provides the same pan-Europe cover for years 3-5 as set out in the documentation provided by Fiat with the new vehicle for years 1 and 2, within a total 60,000 mileage limit.

Rather tortuous - but hopefully all is well that ends well and I now have some peace of mind for the next 5 years.

Hope this account of my experience may be helpful to anyone else buying a new Fiat based MoHo and seeking to extend the warranty.

Reactions: GPW

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
We were promised delivery by end of May
When we ordered in Feb we got one already in a build slot that had been previously ordered by SMC as stock. This meant that we had to accept their choice of van. colour, factory options but felt they were Ok so we went with it.

If we went for a brand new order we were told it could be considerably longer to wait, as it is we should be picking it up next week, all being well.

Ours was made in the Dethleffs factory IIRC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back