Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Hi All,
We are soon to take delivery of a new MH and have found this forum to be enlightening, informative, entertaining and sometimes frustrating.
I am considering starting a thread detailing my reasoning for this purchase and recording my experiences, good and bad, along the way.
In doing this I would hope to gain the benefit of your input and hope that it could also be helpful to any others who are thinking of joining the MH fraternity.
Your thoughts and comments would be welcome.
Spud.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Spud, look forward to reading your thread, you will no doubt get input along the way. Good luck with your New Purchase. No doubt you have already seen about the hand over procedure and doing it well first time to save trouble later.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Good luck with the new purchase Spud, when she arrives. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:hi: Hi Spud, good luck with your new motorhome. We are on our 4th van having traded up to the latest one, a brand new Swift Bolero, which we are extremely pleased with. This will be our forever van (as long as we stay away from dealers and shows ::bigsmile:). We have found MHF a real bonus, there's always something to learn about motorhoming and this forum is a good place to start. Looking forward to reading your blog.

Upvote 0

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
Looking Forward to following your Blog Spud, warts and all, it will be very useful to me and Debs as we get our first MH in April and are Setting off on a two year adventure around Europe. Good Luck, I shall read every Input.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
firebrand campervan
Exp
hi and welcome. please please keep the thread goin as they are so helpfull to other mh's. very valuale input on this site and also entertainment.

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Spud and welcome.
I look forward to reading about your new van. We are to hopefully pick ours up in June (y)

Upvote 0

Pollyandarthur

Free Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and welcome. We too are new and pick up our MH in five weeks. Will follow your diary with interest.

Upvote 0

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Spud and welcome to the Fun! (y):welc:

Looking forward to reading your blog! :smiley:

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
What a great idea Spud. There are many who read this forum for a long while before buying a Motorhome. For them, it will make an invaluable contribution to their purchase. Even though your personal circ's may differ from others, there will be common themes. Even amongst 'experienced' Mo'homers there will be those that are up/down sizing or changing their vehicles. The info will make good reading for them too.

Good luck with the new van. May you have many happy miles.

Regards
James

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spud

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Thank you all for your welcomes and encouragement.
To make things a little simpler to read and to avoid long chains of advice and comments, I am going to try to create, along the way, links (thanks again to GJH for explaining how to do this) to separate threads that I will post which request advice and or invite comments on specific topics I may refer to.
This is not something I have ever undertaken nor even contemplated before and I hope those that read this (diary or blog?) do not end up being under whelmed.
I will do my best to keep it interesting.
Spud.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Spud, just start a blog here. You can have a category called van purchase and then just make as many entries in it as you like. The beauty of a blog here is that it is as simple as posting, in as much as its easy to add pictures and format type ect. Except unlike a thread, where others comments appear in between your posts, all the comments are kept below your blog.

Its really simple first go here Broken Link Removed then click create entry and write/add pics etc. Choose or create a category. and post (y)

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi Spud Looking forward to your posts.(y) Which MH are you getting?

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Good luck with the new purchase Spud, when she arrives. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.
Totally off thread (and terribly un-PC, sorry!)....
I originate from the Bucks/Berks border and I remember as a child, my local community raised money for the 'Burns Unit' at Wexham Park Hospital, near Slough (eldest daughter born there too :)) by holding a charity football match between 'Burnham' and ''Cookham'. Terrible, I know! :giggle:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Spud

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Hi Spud, just start a blog here. You can have a category called van purchase and then just make as many entries in it as you like. The beauty of a blog here is that it is as simple as posting, in as much as its easy to add pictures and format type ect. Except unlike a thread, where others comments appear in between your posts, all the comments are kept below your blog.

Its really simple first go here Broken Link Removed then click create entry and write/add pics etc. Choose or create a category. and post (y)

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your advice.
My question is, if I blog and as I go along have a question or require advice, can that query have a direct link to a thread thread I create?
Spud.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes, you can link to and from your blog to posts on the main forum (y) However direct questions are best asked on the forum, while the purchase 'experience' would be well suited to a blog (y)

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm sure with your former experience you've already thought about it Spud, and we'll read about it as we go along, but for me, layout and payload would be high on the list, especially if carrying a heavy motorbike in the rear garage.

Cheers,

Jock.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back