DFDS Harwich to Esbjerg route ends. (1 Viewer)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but in case it gets lost on this Broken Link Removed we are losing our last Broken Link Removed at the end of September. :Angry:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And the reason? Fuel surcharges imposed by Brussels!:Angry::Doh::Angry:

I know this will come as a great disappointment to all the UKIP supporters but this has nothing to do with Brussels. The adoption of low sulpher fuels by shipping is a result of an international agreement.

Here is a US document which discusses it. http://www2.epa.gov/enforcement/marpol-annex-vi

And not before time. Travelling to Plymouth on the ferry from Spain last month you could see a great yellow trail stretching through the air behind the ship from the engine exhaust.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
whatever the reason its still a huge disappointment. there was talk or a bergan Newcastle sailing starting up again but heard no more on that for some time. ta andy

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If there is demand I guess someone will start a new service. Hull - Rotterdam is about the best available I think now for anyone in the north wanting to get to northern Europe with least driving.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back