Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hi
Does anyone know if there is provision for overnight parking when disembarking the ferry at the port near Dunkirk? I'm looking at arriving late at night and hoping to park up overnight before moving on.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We parked up at the port, it was a few years ago, think we exited the port and turned back on ourselves. Am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along with co-ordinates.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Bray Dunes not far away, its a nice little se side resort. Carrefour Mo/Ho services also near by.
This will be our first overnight next March to fill up with water and some French shopping in the morning.

upload_2017-11-28_12-27-8.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Bray Dunes not far away, its a nice little se side resort. Carrefour Mo/Ho services also near by.
This will be our first overnight next March to fill up with water and some French shopping in the morning.

View attachment 199014
We stopped there last year we got moved on by the Gendarmes in the morning. As well as a services there is a proper free Aire at the Carrefour.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Yes ,you can park overnight at the ticket office car park at Dunkirk, as @scotzsue said , we've done it several times , but not in the last 2 years as now take the dog with us & go via the tunnel

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We did the opposite. There is free parking at the port so we were able to overnight there. Large area in front of DFDS office. Keep left rather than straight into dock gate. (y)

Unnamed Road
Unnamed Road, 59140 Dunkerque, France
https://goo.gl/maps/x3BSLpaE7cp

Wyn
p.s. damn! Beaten to it by @FIDGET :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We stopped there last year we got moved on by the Gendarmes in the morning.

You would have been parked in 'Buses Only ' bit, it's not obvious to strangers. There's no problem parking in the ordinary carpark across the road if the Mo/Ho bit is full.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You would have been parked in 'Buses Only ' bit, it's not obvious to strangers. There's no problem parking in the ordinary carpark across the road if the Mo/Ho bit is full.
Yep in the Bus bit where your push pin is, never saw any Motorhome spaces and drove round a couple of times.

OP
OP
mustaphapint

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
We did the opposite. There is free parking at the port so we were able to overnight there. Large area in front of DFDS office. Keep left rather than straight into dock gate. (y)

Unnamed Road

Wyn
Now I'm confused. Your map shows the main port in Dunkerque whereas I'm expecting the DFDS ferry to still use the port several miles along the coast towards to Calais near Loon-Plage, which is where it was last time I used it several years ago.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I think I've got confused here. I had trouble getting the map location and think it may be wrong. I apologise. Ignore that map ref. I can confirm that the ferry port allows overnighting free of charge, though.

Wyn

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
We used to exit the port and at the first roundabout turn left and go back in front of the offices, there were large spaces there but have not been through there lately. Gravelines is not far away if you want a quiet night

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The last time I was at the port waiting in the car park by the booking office, I noticed a sign stating the maximum stay in the car park was 14 days. I have no reason to believe this has changed. Perhaps someone can check this out next time there in the car park.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Unnamed Road

Wyn

yes it is at the other end here.

https://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/customer-service/our-ports/dunkirk-port

The last time I was at the port waiting in the car park by the booking office, I noticed a sign stating the maximum stay in the car park was 14 days. I have no reason to believe this has changed. Perhaps someone can check this out next time there in the car park.

Yes still the same. You can holiday there.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back