Devonshire car park Carlisle? Overnight (1 Viewer)

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
has anyone used the castle car park for overnighting at Carlisle?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The Carlisle Council parking page says "A caravan may not be used in a car park for domestic purposes or as a place of habitation". It will all depend on whether the definition of caravan within the parking order includes motor caravans in addition to towed caravans as to whether habitation of a motorhome is allowed or not.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I think you will be fine. Here is some specific advice, and the park by the castle is specifically mentioned (Devonshire Walk) but if worried why not call the council and ask? I was born in Carlisle so could probably help with any translation required. http://www.motorhomeparking.co.uk/nwest.htm

A quick check on Google maps and you can see some unattended caravans on this park. http://goo.gl/maps/0XvAa

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Never stayed overnight in Carlisle as we just get the train home :) I know folk have stopped overnight in Gretna at the outlet center and you could easily get the train to Carlisle. I would also assume there will be loads of wild places just outside the city as it is surrounded by country side.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I'd avoid it this weekend, there is a fireshow on Saturday and a third of the park is taken up by a travelling fair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
...I would also assume there will be loads of wild places just outside the city as it is surrounded by country side.
Oh yes, lots of wild places around Carlisle. My father used to say the people living in the stretch west towards Silloth "ate their young". However, he was from Wigton so I am not sure he was really qualified to single these particular folk out!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back