Devon is lovely! (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all, after our sagas trying to get to France we gave up until we are sure all is well with the van. We are on a lovely site called Cofton Country Park, it was in the Acsi book and 4 nights is only £46, spotless, inddor and outdoor pools, bar, restaurant, cafe, shop. We are going home for the weekend as it is raining but we might then come back or try somewhere else.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
And so do I now!
I stayed at Cofton for a month in the winter. Do hope someone has cleaned the drain pipes in the ladies shower block.........

If you like the area another Motorhomer told me Beverley Park in Paignton is nice. It's fairly close to Goodrington Sands, where my dogs play on the beach most evenings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
There are so many loos Im not sure! Beverley was on our list as well so i will remember that.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
And so do I now!
I stayed at Cofton for a month in the winter. Do hope someone has cleaned the drain pipes in the ladies shower block.........

If you like the area another Motorhomer told me Beverley Park in Paignton is nice. It's fairly close to Goodrington Sands, where my dogs play on the beach most evenings.

Beverley Park is ok if you like big busy sites with plenty of entertainment.
We stayed there when visiting some friends in Paignton.
Very expensive we thought and I just checked and 4 nights starting tomorrow on cheapest pitch £120.00 :eek:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
We visit there often in the winter months for things to do for kids when cold and raining , not like today though(y):cool:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi all, after our sagas trying to get to France we gave up until we are sure all is well with the van. We are on a lovely site called Cofton Country Park, it was in the Acsi book and 4 nights is only £46, spotless, inddor and outdoor pools, bar, restaurant, cafe, shop. We are going home for the weekend as it is raining but we might then come back or try somewhere else.

That looks good - are dogs allowed? I can't see anything about them on the website.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yeh we stayed there last year. off season, great place to go! We are going to Putts Corner next week for a few days, might stop off there after, everything after thursday morning is "impulse purchase" at the moment

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
That's the one with the fishing lakes, isn't it?

I've used it a couple of times in the winter - not all of the facilities are open but it's good to have a place that's open that time of year with EHU + hardstanding. A 20+ minute walk to Starcross and the RSPB avocet cruises November - March.

£46 for 4 nights this time of year is a good deal - beats my off-peak + multi-day special offers I had there last November (y)

That looks good - are dogs allowed? I can't see anything about them on the website.

I'm sure I saw people walking dogs around the site the first time I was there...and there was definitely some dog crap not too far from where I was pitched :(

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
We have stayed at Hunters Lodge in Starcross a couple of times :Smile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010

Here goes, from the Cofton Country Holidays 2014 brochure...

"Dogs are accepted if you are booking a Touring Caravan or Tent Pitch on condition they are kept on a short lead at all times and exercised in the designated dog walk area.

Dogs are allowed on the outside patio area adjoining the bar and pool. Dogs are not allowed in the Leisure Complex, but are welcome in the Swan Pub when available."

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Cofton are quoting £54 a night if I wanted to stay there tomorrow. I guess cheaper if you book in advance. :)

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I booked it with my acsi card and it is valid until either the 12th or 15 th july, without it the 4 days would have been £98.there arent many sites in there yet but fingers crossed it will increase.
There are lots of doges,there is a special area for them to run about but they have to be on leads on site.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
£28 for 4 nights here has to be a bargain, hee hee and dolphins frolicking just outside of the harbour.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Carolyn, nice to know you like Devon. When you come again, why not try East Devon it's "bootifull" and the cream teas are second to none!

Colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back