Devon/Cornwall Campsites (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi 2nd week of July The wife wants to visit Devon or Cornwall or both we have down south Devon not that long ago so North Devon I think be best this time. I like to get away on a Friday night after work we live Worthing area so a safe stopover on way to west country is required.

At this moment in time I am thinking 4 night stop Devon 4 nights Cornwall But maybe just 1 nice site in each county. Maybe a site with sea or river views and maybe something to do on site ie pool bar restaurant etc. but I am not adverse to a THS or pubstop.

I am thinking of dusting of my neglected motorcycle and towing that down with us so at 8.2 metres plus the trailer I dont want to be going down some tiny country lane I may have to reverse up or do a 32 point turn on lol.

So Funsters please give me your recommendations for these areas many thanks in advance Paul

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Suppose it depends on how much you want to spend per night but last time we were down (2015) we weren't "slumming" it.

Stayed on -
Maybe worth a look at their websites?

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Love the Minnows canal walk. FIL lives in the village.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Nice 5 van site hard standings , fishing on site , quiet .
caravan club members only .Wolf valley c.l.
Broadwood widger between Oakhampton & Launceston

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Totnes .great town loads of history .brilliant trips down the river to Dartmouth. ..Tavistock nice town again and wonderful walks over the moors .

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
@FIDGET Broadwoodwidger I went to Junior school there (y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Totnes .great town loads of history .brilliant trips down the river to Dartmouth. ..Tavistock nice town again and wonderful walks over the moors .

Am not quite sure but 8.2 Metres might just be a little too large for the Steamer Quay site in Totnes (please correct me if I'm wrong)
We stayed at Woodland Farm in that area no pub tho.

Hillhead the CCsite near Brixham,
Bses at gate Down hill to Dartmouth, bus dumps you at KINGSWEIR????? then a short walk down hill to the ferry to Dartmouth.

Cant advise you on any Cornish site, even tho we live here we have never stayed on a Cornish site

Can't advise you on a Cornish site, even tho we live here we have never stayed on a Cornish Site.
OR
Bus the other way Brixham, or further on to Paignton, where you can either go by bus to Torquay OR take a Ferry across Tor Bay to Torquay. (BANX for the bestest burger in the UK, opposite Edinborugh Woolen Mills shop )
Hillhead has it's own pub, hop and eatery on site, sea views too

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Minnows, great for one night stopover, easy access fro M5 but:::::::
Don't waste your time get down Cornwall, beautiful fantastic beaches, go Porth you can walk into Newquay, fantastic site, lovely shower block, pub, everything within walking distance and excellent bus service to either way up or down the coast.
One tip!!
Check out rallies running on your dates you can pay from £45 a night in July !!! To £12 with rally

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Godrevy caravan park with the CC in Cornwall is lovely and sounds what your looking for but it might be fully booked ...?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Treloan Farm at Portscatho for Cornwall. It's on the Roseland Peninsula and has a village with a few shops and two pubs within an easy walk. We go there quite frequently.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Try Carvynick Country Club at Summercourt about 5 miles from Newquay(roughly)

Under new management now.Used to be for American RV's only so the
pitches are big,Water,Ehu,black and grey waste drain on every pitch.Now open for Caravans and Euro motorhomes,Good access etc.

Hope this helps.

John P(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back