Devon and Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Need to visit my daughter and grandkids in Somerset next week so thinking of moving on from there to Devon and Cornwall so looking for CL sites and the odd off grid night, can anyone give me some ideas for sites.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
There are council carparks in Devon you can overnight for £5. We had a lovely night at Appledore harbour carpark.
There is a list on North Devon council website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
One of these sites is Torrington, the RHS Rosemoor gardens are worth a visit for some Autumn colour.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I thought all travel was banned if from a Tier 3 area? It definitely says no overnight stays advised outside your own area & with anyone yo do not live with.
Not tier 3 until Monday morning.

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I didn’t say why we need to visit daughter and grandkids, but it is because we have had disturbing news about our eldest grandson who lost his job due to COVID and his mental health is really suffering with the pandemic and a father who is a pillock, Parents are split, talking to him has made us concerned that he may do something rash enough to be permanent. We love him to bits and will do anything to support him.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I didn’t say why we need to visit daughter and grandkids, but it is because we have had disturbing news about our eldest grandson who lost his job due to COVID and his mental health is really suffering with the pandemic and a father who is a pillock, Parents are split, talking to him has made us concerned that he may do something rash enough to be permanent. We love him to bits and will do anything to support him.

Best wishes to your family and I hope it goes as well as it can. It’s been hard on everyone Covid. We all need to be kind to each other.

You don’t owe anyone an explanation either, least of all people on forums.

It’s currently just advised not to travel even in Tier 3 and not illegal either.

I am sure a call to a nearby CL and explaining why you need it would be fine if the restrictions do get worse which I think they will so please plan to stay at your relatives it’s good reason to be ready to return from holiday afterwards.

If you head to Lynmouth, there is an amazing car park just outside Exmoor with sea views.

Countisbury Hill is the place.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You are doing the right thing. I hope all is ok.

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
As it appears we are going to have a full English lockdown I have cancelled trip down south until
the lockdown ends, I have spoken to Grandson and arranged for him to stop at his mums for a few days for respite And for someone sensible to keep an eye on him. If I still flew I would have loved to go and pick him up and bring home with me, But that can’t happen.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
As it appears we are going to have a full English lockdown I have cancelled trip down south until
the lockdown ends, I have spoken to Grandson and arranged for him to stop at his mums for a few days for respite And for someone sensible to keep an eye on him. If I still flew I would have loved to go and pick him up and bring home with me, But that can’t happen.
That is a shame. I follow the Zoe covid project with Tim Spector and Dr John Campbell on youtube. They are saying that the rates projected by the Imperial study are too high. Zoe project estimates circa 43 k new cases for whole UK and Imperial circa 93k new cases just for England per day. John Campbell has been studying the stats throughout and says that the Zoe Project projections more closely matches the Office of National Statistics results when they come out later.
I feel that this time a bit of panic going on by government and they should stick with the tier system for a while longer and b*****r Christmas! Decree a new Christmas bank holiday next June!
I hope things go well for your grandson.

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
That is a shame. I follow the Zoe covid project with Tim Spector and Dr John Campbell on youtube. They are saying that the rates projected by the Imperial study are too high. Zoe project estimates circa 43 k new cases for whole UK and Imperial circa 93k new cases just for England per day. John Campbell has been studying the stats throughout and says that the Zoe Project projections more closely matches the Office of National Statistics results when they come out later.
I feel that this time a bit of panic going on by government and they should stick with the tier system for a while longer and b*****r Christmas! Decree a new Christmas bank holiday next June!
I hope things go well for your grandson.
Have to agree with your ‘panic’ comment but we got caught inScotland at the last start of lockdown and lost money on site fees, I didn’t want to ask for a refund as I suspected the site owners would suffer more than me.
I suspect we will have a month long lockdown then time for shopping and Christmas, then if people don’t learn, then January to March will be another lockdown and by then I will be ready to shoot anyone who doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t stand at least 8 ft from me.
one thing that is really getting me wound up is the fact that someone is leaking the news to the BBC
Regarding the lockdown conditions to the extent that Boris is delaying the official announcement. Al, it’s doing is feeding the BBC and giving them mileage to talk to every Tom dick and Harry expert who are waffling on without knowing what is exactly what Boris is going to say.
Re grandson, I have suggested that he comes up to us as our carer (😱) and we can feed and look after him for as long as is required. I can at least teach him some meditation techniques and have regular calm chats which he isn’t getting at present. Thanks for your concern, it is appreciated.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
If it is is the right thing to do go and get him. !!!!
You can go collect and return , the roads are quite and should make the journey easier.
I hope al works out well what ever you do. Maybe time with his Mam will help.
Don't forget Childline they can be very helpful you don't have to be a kid to call

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Have to agree with your ‘panic’ comment but we got caught inScotland at the last start of lockdown and lost money on site fees, I didn’t want to ask for a refund as I suspected the site owners would suffer more than me.
I suspect we will have a month long lockdown then time for shopping and Christmas, then if people don’t learn, then January to March will be another lockdown and by then I will be ready to shoot anyone who doesn’t wear a mask and doesn’t stand at least 8 ft from me.
one thing that is really getting me wound up is the fact that someone is leaking the news to the BBC
Regarding the lockdown conditions to the extent that Boris is delaying the official announcement. Al, it’s doing is feeding the BBC and giving them mileage to talk to every Tom dick and Harry expert who are waffling on without knowing what is exactly what Boris is going to say.
Re grandson, I have suggested that he comes up to us as our carer (😱) and we can feed and look after him for as long as is required. I can at least teach him some meditation techniques and have regular calm chats which he isn’t getting at present. Thanks for your concern, it is appreciated.
It has been delayed because teachers and lectures unions have said they want all learning to be online during the lockdown so Johnson is now scratching his head or more likely hiding in a fridge.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I hope it all goes well & personally I would just go & collect him.(y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Trying to convince Dee to travel, but she is worried,she used to work for police.
You have a perfectly good reason to travel.
I agree and anyway lockdown doesn’t start till next Thursday. If it suits your grandson to come and stay with you then just do it.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back