LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
In my gut, i feel not Esther. Just they way they say bones, rather than a body or human remains . Wouldn’t her body have been preserved a bit in the deep snow and also still be clothed and with a rucksack?
These were my thoughts too. Unless it is poor reporting/translation.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So sad that the remains have been found close to where she disappeared and that in all the searching they appear to have been missed.
By all accounts they were not there before & are believed to have been moved there /left by wild animals. They are now looking to see whether they can find were they might have come from

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
I think it's her sadly, the skull they have allegedly found had red hair that was not short - which would be consistent with Ms Dingley. I wouldn't be so sure about the boyfriend Mr. Colegate either, he comes over to some of us as very controlling and apparently unlike him she was not keen that their adventuring of many years was coming to an end (her last trip was alone) - contrary to his statements a person Ms Dingley spoke to during this last trip indicated that she was not sure that she would remain with him. They had a VERY up and down relationship which he was also EXTREMELY candid about in a previously published book.

I would also add that the Police have not ruled Mr. Colegate out as a suspect - this seems odd as they must have his mobile phone whereabouts and surely a few witnesses as to his exact whereabouts during the key time.

It seems to me that at this point all possibilities (murder/suicide/accident) are still open.
very strange 1st post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Why strange ? Everything I have stated is in the public domain - you guys need to catch up !
Microchips planted in COVID vaccines conspiracies are in the public domain, but their presence does mean that they are true.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Whether in the public domain or not it's not nice to repeat and must cause the family even more distress. I found the post in very bad taste (might just be me) and although we may well have our own theories we should keep in mind they are just theories and perhaps keep it all to ourselves - and especially not post on a public discussion board.

I don't use the ignore facility much but guess what I have just done?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
In my gut, i feel not Esther. Just they way they say bones, rather than a body or human remains . Wouldn’t her body have been preserved a bit in the deep snow and also still be clothed and with a rucksack?
Theres wolves in them there hills aswell ss other wildlife id imagine they would have ripped off any clothing etc ...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not saying anything but it would appear what he said is right, allegedly, according to:dm:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Please remember - Esther and Dan are not just a newspaper headline to some of us on here. We have met and shared good times with them. Some of the latest remarks are a bit painful to read.
I know that and didn't comment other than to say he wasn't making it up , that's all.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not saying anything but it would appear what he said is right, allegedly, according to:dm:
He didn't post about the remains being moved I did. He posted all the nonsense that was first bandied about & officially refuted even before christmas.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
He didn't post about the remains being moved I did. He posted all the nonsense that was first bandied about & officially refuted even before christmas.
Yeah but he did the skull with long hair , hadn't seen that before.

OP
OP
Fenman
Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Dan just posted on Facebook:

MEDIA UPDATE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - HUMAN REMAINS CONFIRMED AS ESTHER
LBT Global is saddened to announce that human remains found in the search for Esther DINGLEY have today been confirmed via DNA testing as being hers.
We must stress that the investigation is still in its infancy, with just one bone currently located, and it may be some time before any further updates are released.
Esther’s partner, Daniel COLEGATE and her mother today released this statement:
“We are distraught to report that we have received DNA confirmation that one of the bones found last week belongs to Esther.
We have all known for many months that the chance we would get to hug our beloved Esther again, to feel her warm hand in ours, to see her beautiful smile and to watch the room light up again whenever she arrived was tiny, but with this confirmation that small hope has now faded. It is devastating beyond words.
At this stage, with just a single bone found and no sign of equipment or clothing in the immediate area (which has been closely searched again over several days), the details of what happened and where still remain unknown.
The search and rescue teams intend to continue their search on foot and with drones, particularly trying to find some sign of Esther's equipment to understand how this tragedy occurred.
The family would like to express their gratitude to the officers in charge of the various police units in France and Spain, the British consulates in Bordeaux and Barcelona, and LBT Global, all of whom have remained in close contact with us for months now. Their continued support and their determination to find answers is welcome.”
LBT Global Chief Executive Matthew Searle MBE said;
“This is the tragic end we have all feared. This is devastating news for Esther’s loved ones – never before have I seen such incredible determination as that showed by Daniel in his relentless physical search of the mountains. We ask that media leave the family in peace at this incredibly difficult time."
The investigation into the circumstances surrounding Esther’s death is still very much in its infancy, and updates will be issued by LBT Global as they become available. For now, however, we urge that Esther's loved ones are left in peace to come to terms with this horrific news, and that online speculation is kept to a minimum. There will be no further statement or interview until further notice – please do not attempt to contact the family.
ENDS
EDITORS NOTES:
LBT Global is managing all media for this case. ALL media enquiries should be addressed by email to media@lbt.global. Please respect the family’s privacy and do not approach them.
There are no interview opportunities at this point. Any requests should be filed as above.
LBT Global will release updates as they become available.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So tragic..BUSBY.

Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Just breaking, confirmed that it is Esther.
Condolences to the family.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hope extinguished and even more questions to answer.

I can only imagine what her family and friends are going through as I never met Esther and Dan the news has floored me - even though not exactly unexpected.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back