Devastated (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Devastated - heard from TravelWorld they have 'cocked up' and the motorhome I have been looking forward to picking up on the 3rd March has the wrong transmission - Manual instead of Automatic
I am gutted - 10 days before we are due to collect - insurance paid - back bedroom full of new stuff - hire car bk'd - campsites bk'd
alarm and 'Gaslow' from Vanbitz bk'd in for fitting - holidays with grandchildren - motorhome clubs joined !! heart broken
Sat drinking NZ Marlborough White Wine drowning my sorrow - unable to get us one now until August 2016

So if anyone looking for a new Hymer T class 554CL with fixed bed - many extras - get in touch with TravelWorld

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
What do I need to do to buy an import - new to motorhome world?

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
well if its any consolation,ive had a bad day too, we all got told at 3 oclock this afternoon that we have lost our biggest contract , so i could be out of a job in a month or so

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
No recompense mentioned - in fact did not ring me back this arvo when I asked for a call back to discuss options

OP
OP
lamyj
Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Hell thats bad news sorry to hear that - guess puts things in perspective

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No recompense mentioned - in fact did not ring me back this arvo when I asked for a call back to discuss options
What a nightmare! Total refund would be my choice and pay your money elsewhere. Import is not a bad idea and you will save money. Homework to be done when you sober up and have killed the salesman. (y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Devastated - heard from TravelWorld they have 'cocked up' and the motorhome I have been looking forward to picking up on the 3rd March has the wrong transmission - Manual instead of Automatic
I am gutted - 10 days before we are due to collect - insurance paid - back bedroom full of new stuff - hire car bk'd - campsites bk'd
alarm and 'Gaslow' from Vanbitz bk'd in for fitting - holidays with grandchildren - motorhome clubs joined !! heart broken
Sat drinking NZ Marlborough White Wine drowning my sorrow - unable to get us one now until August 2016

So if anyone looking for a new Hymer T class 554CL with fixed bed - many extras - get in touch with TravelWorld
You must be gutted . Sorry your plans have gone . Someone is in for the chop at TravelWorld I expect?:(

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
well if its any consolation,ive had a bad day too, we all got told at 3 oclock this afternoon that we have lost our biggest contract , so i could be out of a job in a month or so
Oh dear, not what you want to hear at all. I heard it Dec 14 and July 15 so I know how it feels.:(

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
@lamyj try and find one from another dealer. Some have specced up models on their forecourts as part of their annual lot of new stock and a deal could possibly be done.
Our new B544 was part of Becks new 2016 stock, I only had to wait two weeks while they fitted my extras.

Ours included auto and 150hp + other upgrades.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Know how that feels,been there done that, you give the client the very best of service and then some accountant decides they can save two bob and your out.
Best of luck for the future.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Don't know how you guys buy new motorhomes months in advance, I just couldn't do it , if I can't buy it today and drive off in it tomorrow , just not interested, apart from anything else if you have waited 6 months , by the time you get on the road , it's last years model, even if you get it when they say.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry to hear that. My son got told one Friday afternoon the administrators were being called in on the Monday and the last day at work would be the following Friday. He's in a far better job now but it could have been lot worse. Hope it all works out for you.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Balls in the dealers court ,they cocked up WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
I would think you are going to get all money paid back, plus compo for missed holidays, or get the proper one pdq

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Sorry it is manual. I will stay away from things I can't do correctly.

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Would still look at importing and telling original dealer to get stuffed once new van delivered after using it(there van) until then!
@judge can advise best German dealer to go to .extremely helpful

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
It is easy too apportion blame but in the real world mistakes are made,I have my own business in the motor trade and there is not a day goes by when one problem or another doesn't crop up,but it is how they are handled and put right that counts.nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes.it is really disappointing for you but I'm sure things will be put right.We bought our Arto from TravelWorld last year and it was 3 months late arriving but hey it wasn't the end of the world.We have also had quite a few snagging problems ,some bigger that others and all have been rectified without question as they have arisen.for me ,learning what I have learned about motorhoming over the last 15yrs I would not import , for some it may work but for me no thanks.I hope your problems are sorted and that you are soon out and about.
Brian & Jo

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It is easy too apportion blame but in the real world mistakes are made,I have my own business in the motor trade and there is not a day goes by when one problem or another doesn't crop up,but it is how they are handled and put right that counts.nobody is perfect and everybody makes mistakes.it is really disappointing for you but I'm sure things will be put right.We bought our Arto from TravelWorld last year and it was 3 months late arriving but hey it wasn't the end of the world.We have also had quite a few snagging problems ,some bigger that others and all have been rectified without question as they have arisen.for me ,learning what I have learned about motorhoming over the last 15yrs I would not import , for some it may work but for me no thanks.I hope your problems are sorted and that you are soon out and about.
Brian & Jo
For the type of money they charge this is indefensible. I have seen the same vans but LHD for £25,000 less !lol

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'm with Judge Mental on this.

Hymer Tramp CL554 are on sale in Germany for €61900. I appreciate that it may (or may not) have the extras but that could be organised.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back