Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
Hi, I'm Heather from St Annes in Lancashire. Myself and partner Jamie are semi-retired.

We had a VW Camper for a few years but have upgraded this year to a motorhome. Without knowing a jot about different motorhomes we bought a Dethleffs and think we've probably landed on our feet!

We've done a few trips so far and think we've got most things figured out... except the water pump! The instructions appear to have been translated from the German by someone who doesn't speak either language, so I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who has a Detheleffs and wouldn't mind me picking their brains.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board. Dethleffs are a good brand so you made a good choice. This site is full of information and good fun. Some of the information is actually useful.......
you'll always get answers to questions - and joining is probably the best tenner you will spend for a long time, but it might be a good idea to post the question in a specific section for either the brand or motorhome chat with as much detail as you can to get a good answer as it might be missed here. Cheers:thumb:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Pick away then.
What Dethleffs do you have?

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
:welcomefunster:
I am also from Lancashire the other side of Preston from you but sorry cant help on the water pump as I have a Tec (another German make):Smile:

Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Nice vans, I have been looking for a Globebus i3 with rear lounge, quite hard to find.
Even joined Dethleffs owners club, after paying annual subs, was unable to sign onto site, a few e-mails exchanged then nothing, no reply, nowt.
:Angry::Angry:
Enjoy your new van :Smile:

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Pick away then.
What Dethleffs do you have?

Peter

^^erm, that one! They're fab, aren't they? We're about to go out again (Sunday) and can't wait.

To be clear, that's a Dethleffs Esprit RT6874 on a Renault Master 2.5dCi.

I'd be everso grateful to know how to get the water pump switched on, though, Peter! I will also post in a more appropriate section.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

The "fix it meet" is nearly upon us, if its not too far for you why not have a venture out.

Hope to meet you in the future

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Nice vans, I have been looking for a Globebus i3 with rear lounge, quite hard to find.
Even joined Dethleffs owners club, after paying annual subs, was unable to sign onto site, a few e-mails exchanged then nothing, no reply, nowt.
:Angry::Angry:
Enjoy your new van :Smile:

Haven't Pullingers of Halstead got one?

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:WELCOME TO THE FUN::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
:flyingwelcome:

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you for the warm welcome, it's really appreciated. Looking forward to getting to know you! We are off to the Yorkshire Dales tomorrow; first trip with our 9-year-old goddaughter. Wellies ahoy!

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
^^erm, that one! They're fab, aren't they? We're about to go out again (Sunday) and can't wait.

To be clear, that's a Dethleffs Esprit RT6874 on a Renault Master 2.5dCi.

I'd be everso grateful to know how to get the water pump switched on, though, Peter! I will also post in a more appropriate section.

SNAP !

On the unit above the door, press the top left button, so the display lights up.
Then the water tank symbol. Third down on the left. Display should change to the clean tank symbol from the current time.

Press the OK button on bottom right hand side. Symbol of a tap appears on bottom of display and pump is ready for use.

Lift any tap and switch in tap will start the pump.

Peter

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thank you for all the lovely welcome messages! Sorry for silence, we've been incommunicado in North Yorkshire. We have another motorhome convert in our goddaughter Little Legs, whom you will hear more about. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
wellsprungalice

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Jamie here,
Thanks for all your warm welcomes, this looks like a lovely site to belong to. Huge thanks to Peter, we'll give your instructions for the pump a go tomorrow. Sadly our leisure battery seems to have died so it's booked in next week for that and a few little jobs that need doing before we hit the road for our Scotland trip later in the year. Thanks again for the welcomes, look forward to meeting you guys at some point :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back