Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Hello,
We are considering buying a Dethleffs Magic Edition A class van, anyone have any experience of them, what should we look out for ? It's a 2013 model with 16000 miles.
Any advice most welcome.
(y)

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
We have a 2017 model Globus A Class, and all I can say is I am unimpressed by the quality, the cantilever bonnet frame was made with the weld blow holes in the top so the frame filled with water which deposited rusty water all over the front when the bonnet was opened, I had to remove the drivers seat to repair a seat belt warning light wire which was tangled up in the seat mechanism putting the air bag warning light on at the Malvern rally only 250 miles on the clock, arm rest fell off drivers seat, temporary repair by dealer awaiting parts to fix properly, the branch block diverter for the screen heating broke because it was jammed by filler foam, insulation missing from dash to windscreen top which meant excessive engine noise, the fuel filler cap leaks if you go over 3/4 tank, and the fridge makes a intermittent noise like dripping water.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I will cross one of them off Santa's list then
I think if you cross every manufacturer off your list because one or two Funsters have had a bad experience I think you will end up with a very, very short list of manufacturers to choose from.
All manufacturers produce good and bad. Swift has acquired a reputation for poor quality but even so there are many happy and satisfied Swift owners.
I would have thought that generally Dethleffs were one of the better ones although I have never owned one myself.

Chaumo

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
We have a 2015 Dethleffs Magic Edition. 3L auto. We have had it for 2 years and covered about 16000 miles. Now done about 22000. It is now keeping us very comfortable in Bordeaux. Gets about 30mpg driven sedatelyDuring the time we have owned it, nothing has gone wrong (touching wood) and nothing has fallen off, come loose or otherwise irritated us. Comes with loads of goodies. Only thing to be aware of is that prior to 2016/17 to retain the water ingress warranty, it must be serviced (habitation) by a Dethleffs dealer AND must have a sealant spray on the underside. Check for stamps/coupons in the handbook.

OP
OP
Barney23
Dec 27, 2013
Haydock
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for replies, we have an Autotrail Apache at moment & like the rear lounge which the Dethleffs has.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back