Dethleffs Entry Step Problems (1 Viewer)

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello knowledgeable crowd,
Just taken delivery of a (new to me) Dethleffs i5 Globebus which is all very lovely but......... (newbie problem coming) I seem to have a problem with the electric entry step below the habitation door. Pressing the button to lower it results in a small amount of movement before the 12v system then appears to trip out. Re setting it and pressing the button again results in a bit more step being disgorged before the electrics trip out again etc etc...you get the picture I'm sure. The Dethleffs handbook comic German to English translation is no help...but it did make me laugh. I'm a long way from the supplying dealer so if anyone can help me to help myself it would be much appreciated. Go easy on my if I'm doing something daft, I am a newbie. Grateful for all replies.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Sounds like your (leisure) battery needs a charge. Stick it on EHU with leisure selected for 12 hours, then try again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stevewheel

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks @DanielFord, I'll give that a try. Sorry for the dumb question but you say with "leisure battery selected" - I thought that putting the van on EHU automatically selected the leisure battery? There doesn't seem to be any button to press to specifically select it? It's probably just me!

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
some steps have some switching up underneath near the step motor, this needs to be well protected or it gets crudded. Take a look. When under there watch yourself as step systems can be efficient finger guillotines.

Upvote 0

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We have a new Dethleffs with a Thule electric step...As suggested charge the battery as a first step.. Join the Dethleffs UK Owners Club as the next step. Richard there is very helpful, he 'may' be able to get you help from a Dethleffs dealer nearer to you if you need it...

The motor is being replaced on ours as the gearing which is plastic has broken. A common problem I understand...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stevewheel

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you @moulin87. Yes, that is the step we have. Following other advice I have put the van on EHU and the step is working faultlessly so I am assuming (correctly?) that maybe it's not a mechanical problem. Perhaps its battery related as @DanielFord suggested. I'll leave it on charge and see where that gets us. I have joined the DOC and, as you say, I have already found Richard to be most helpful. Thank you for your response....I feel some more Dethleffs specific questions are likely so its nice to know you are around! :)

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thanks @DanielFord, I'll give that a try. Sorry for the dumb question but you say with "leisure battery selected" - I thought that putting the van on EHU automatically selected the leisure battery? There doesn't seem to be any button to press to specifically select it? It's probably just me!
There's usually a charge selector somewhere, not sure if this is true on Dethleffs. You just need to make sure that the leisure battery gets up to full charge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back