Dethleffs ceiling light fault (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The concealed ceiling light on our Dethleffs Esprit has just developed a fault. There is a concealed light which has stopped working for one half of its installation. It is not easy to see behind the valance and there is no obvious means of access to it. My only thoughts are that the whole of the ceiling trim may be velcro'd in position? Anyone know?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If it's the same as mine it's a 12v rope light and it sounds like half of it had failed. If you can get a small mirror this will enable you to see the light and whether it's screwed to the top valance. As far as I know the valance is part of the top cupboards.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
It's not the one that goes above the cupboards but is the centre one which encloses the two roof lights. It appears to be a rope light but in two distinct halves, the front half of which has stopped working. The two halves are both controlled by one switch together with two spots which are also set into the ceiling feature. I would post a picture but I don't have the facility at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
image.jpeg
Here's the piccy. The front (lower section on the photo) should be lit the same as the upper half. There are no obviously visible signs of access or means of dropping the panel.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A similar arrangement in a friend's caravan is held on with Velcro. It was very hard to pull off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back