Dethleff Trend water pump (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
Does anyone know what make and model of submersible water pump is on a Dethleffs Trend.

There’s nothing in the handbook and beside me going to storage and pulling it apart I was hoping someone out there might know. On looking on the net I think I’ve narrowed it down to a Comet 19 litre per minute or Reich.

Our current pump isn’t broken I’m just looking to carry a spare just in case.

Familymad

Free Member
Mar 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs XXLA
Exp
2yrs
The owners club appear to have all the knowledge on them or try Pullingers?

OP
OP
Jim Schush
Nov 6, 2017
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend t7051
856EF827-F4D3-43E9-AB9B-853A52815F16.png
Thanks for the reply, I took the time to have a proper look at the pump, it’s a Comet 19 lpm as shown . I paid £22 from amazon for a spare should we ever need it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I do not think there is anything special about this pump. All you need is a power supply cable coming out and a water outlet. I bought my last one from a Motorhome show, not expensive and fitted it in about 15 minutes. Just check it has a reasonable GPH to match your original pump. (Gallons per hour).

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We have just had to change ours that had failed after about 2 years. When it was being changed there was a couple with the same model and year, who also had to change a failed pump this year, is there a problem with the pumps or the installation? The young fitter said that he thought the pump had been wired the wrong way round, but he replaced it as the original fitting.
We now carry a spare, our previous van a 2007 Hymer never had a water pump problem during the time we had it, over ten years.

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
We had our first habitation service carried out last week and were informed the they had replaced the water pump which was not functioning.poor really as the van is only 1 year old and had only been used twice in a year due to health issues since purchase.

Happy they found the problem and I didn't however, I will now consider carrying a spare with us as the last thing I want is to be stuck without flowing water in the van.

Aug 19, 2020
Dawlish, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Since 2015
I'm on my third in 3 years! My van was only 3 months old when the original one went. They seem to last 12 months before having problems, not good at all. I'm currently in France and the pump fitted needs changing as it's making awful noises. There must be a problem with the type of pump they fit, I've never had a problem before.

Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Having had the original fail I thought it would be sensible to buy and carry a spare as they are very cheap and not what I would have expected from Hymer/Dethleffs. However, having had a good look at availability of other types if this one goes then I would look into replacement with a better pump with the same flow or better flow rates.

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Ours failed yesterday causing us to return home a day early. We were on a C&CC site that had all facilities shut.
It blew a couple of fuses before dying completely.
The van is a dethleffs 6557 dBm and is booked in with dealer for replacement under warranty.
Now I need to carry a spare but would to replace like for like.
I'll attach a picture of my set up in a follow up post.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
We had our pump changed by Reliance who are just outside Funtington. 01243 940050 they are very experienced team so reliable. As i said above we now carry a spare pump, there must be a design fault with this pump system for them to keep failing.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Yet again another pump failure whilst we were away in Switzerland! As I had a spare pump just in case I was able to replace it, this required shortening the flexible pipe to the tank as I did not want to break the plastic connection to the tank fitting. All went well except my screwdriver slipped down the side of the tank and is now under the floor, I can only retrieve it if I remove the water tank completely, so as it does not rattle it will stay under the floor.
Now the problem do I search for a more reliable water pump???

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Any one will do as long as its in the correct pressure range - about 0,6 bar - and lift height enough to reach the shower 4-7metres. Look for about 14-20 lpm.
Its a good idea to carry a spare, extra hose and new stainless clamps. 15 minutes max to change one out via the hatch on top of the tank.

I dont think there is such a thing as a better pump. I've had three different ones go on me and now just buy whatever is cheapest, usually Comet.
EMS - I too lost a driver under the seat - bummer!

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Thanks,
For info. So now to search for another pump and associated bits just in case this fails again!
Strange the one fitted in our Hymer built in 2007 never faltered in all the time we had it about ten years.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Early Hymers such as mine 2009 used the Reich twin pump submersible pump. Around £65.
Might be more reliable than the comet one which is cheaper.

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
I have just bought a Reich twin pump to keep in the van should the current Comet one fail again, (they appear to only last for a couple of years, third one fitted in van that is only 5 years old!).

EMS

Jan 8, 2010
Hants Sussex border near
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low
Exp
Started 2009!
Just fitted the spare pump (Reich twin) as the current one was making a lot of noise and we are about to travel to Europe this week and did not want to have to change it on route to Augsburg!
So these original pumps seem to last 18 months to 2 years!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back