Design Dirctor of Bailey selling his/her Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Hi - what do we think of this? Spotted it on eBay, meets my criteria for a new van. It's an 800 mile round trip for us to view it though, so we'd have to be pretty sure that it was a contender! Having now viewed several damp and smelly motorhomes the two visible air fresheners have me on high alert for problems, but maybe they just like the scent of them!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I didn't think the Advance range was available in 2014? I guess this must have been a prototype built on the previous Peugeot model chassis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
I didn't think the Advance range was available in 2014? I guess this must have been a prototype built on the previous Peugeot model chassis.

Aha! First production models were sold in April 2015. So, is the prototype an oddity or a great deal?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
One can only think that the build would be spot on.

If your interested could you not get someone local to give it the once over?

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I can't see how it's possibly a six-berth? Is the overcab a bed too? Looks very cramped up there!

*edit* just noticed the 'drop down electric bed' - what an unusual design!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
That would be really helpful, but I don't know anyone in the area.

You're amongst friends here :) start a new thread to ask for someone local (y)

Im sure if some one is reasonably close beer tokens would help towards a viewing :D

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes! Should have taken it out for the photos! To me a sign that all is not well?

Hah don't read too much into that we have a fresher in ours, might have something to do with my ablutions though.
Couldn't be SWMBO :)

Just thought there is a rally at Shepton thats reasonably close to Radstock :D

OP
OP
J

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
You're amongst friends here :) start a new thread to ask for someone local (y)

Im sure if some one is reasonably close beer tokens would help towards a viewing :D

Hello, that is a good idea, hadn't imagined someone would do that, lovely to know.

It's here, I think.

http://marchantshillcaravans.co.uk/used-caravans/3162606

Which part of the forum would be best to post the request in, do you think?

Thanks

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Looks a nice van. We looked at one like this a few years ago but I was put off by the lack of external access lockers.

OP
OP
J

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Looks a nice van. We looked at one like this a few years ago but I was put off by the lack of external access lockers.
Lack of external storage is a consideration, I agree. Budget and perfection for us don't match so compromises are required. Everything we've managed to look at so far has been too much of a compromise - mainly due to damp issues. Would rather have to go inside to put our outdoor chairs away than have a leaky van!

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Lack of external storage is a consideration, I agree. Budget and perfection for us don't match so compromises are required. Everything we've managed to look at so far has been too much of a compromise - mainly due to damp issues. Would rather have to go inside to put our outdoor chairs away than have a leaky van!

I don't think budget and perfection match for most folk unless you are wealthy and get one made to spec. Everything is a compromise and eyes are your merchant no matter the make.(y)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
That would be really helpful, but I don't know anyone in the area.

Hmm... Radstock, a lot of big eared boys down that way. If you hear banjo music keep driving. :)

I would willingly have taken a look but off to France early Sat, and many non motorhome things to be done first

Andrew

OP
OP
J

Jaymacgee

Free Member
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Hmm... Radstock, a lot of big eared boys down that way. If you hear banjo music keep driving. :)

I would willingly have taken a look but off to France early Sat, and many non motorhome things to be done first

Andrew
Thanks anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back