Deposit Paid - Just Got To Make Room For It Now! (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Well after a bit of deliberation... well actually not a great deal of deliberation in fact... we're in the process of buying our motorhome! Very excited!!!

We chose the MH whilst on holiday and now home we measured up to see if it would fit on the drive. It won't fit so a fence and my little den will have to move. A small price to pay but it will mean a bit of a delay in picking the vehicle up. Hopefully we'll be able to get it at the end of June - I can't wait!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
hello smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
so you want to buy a motorhome eh? shall I or shant I?no brainer really(y) GO FOR IT and enjoy.
meanwhile welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Another one here who measured the drive after purchasing.

Unfortunately we didn't have the ability to make space for it short of demolishing the garage.:doh:

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Another one here who measured the drive after purchasing.

Unfortunately we didn't have the ability to make space for it short of demolishing the garage.:doh:[/QUOTE

I measured the drive before purchasing and it still didnt fit properly. Just had to have it though. (only 1 out of 14 neighbors complained)
Phil

Upvote 0

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Hi - well I measured at least 50 times.

It fit. Just by about 15cm on my drive - SO relieved!

Just make sure that you take into account any overhang that may exist on guttering/porch and any external mods such as tow bar and reversing camera.

Upvote 0

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
likewise.. was paranoid I'd buy too long...:rolleyes:
have an absolute max length of 7.4 mt.. Hymer B644 is a tad under 7 mt ..

I measured my drive @ 6.9m.

The manufacturer states that it is 6.48m - plenty of room. Not quite!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
I was lucky I measured my drive with my arms .......and I measured my MH also with my arms.....and had 2 inch 1 side and 3 inch on the other side spare..........foolish really because I use a tape measure every day at work

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Oriel - welcome to the fun house.

The fence at the bottom of our drive has now been 'adjusted' 3 times ... twice to extend the length and once to increase the width! As we now are 'into' panel van conversions hopefully it won't ever have to move again! :D

What MH are you getting? :)

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome. Best decision you ever made. You will love your Motorhome.
Ralph's converting a brand new panel van for us.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
Our drive is plenty long enough. ( garage, panel van, car, tipper pick up truck, on the drive at the moment.... )
It's the width, that's a real pain.
Till at the garage that's the problem.
To get the panel van down the drive we had to fold both wing mirrors in , take the front door step and back doorstep off. Hand over wing mirror on drivers side when reversing ! Fortunately we've only had to take Pug out , and put him back , 3 times so far.
Once Ralph's finished , Pug the PVC , will go back to the storage place where we used to keep our previous Motorhome.

Upvote 0

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
:welc:
I drew my drive up on cad and plonked the dimensions of my intended MoHo all around it at all different angles to ensure I would get it through the entrance at an angle. Didn't have to worry about length once in, only manoeuvrability. Still not convinced, I drew a scaled model on paper and played around with it. Still not convinced, I measured out the dimensions on rope connected at each corner with corks. I could then empty the cars out of the drive and play around with it to the amusement of the neighbours. Little did they know that the "Gypos" would be arriving soon ;). It worked a treat, I knew which length would suit and it fits in perfectly. All the best (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, I know what you mean Steve... you don't want to get it wrong! My husband's going to plot it all out on CAD before deciding dimensions and angles. It looks like we'll be getting it first week in June.... so excited! :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back