Dentists in Spain

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gromett, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +21,350
    Will it be cheaper/quicker/easier to get a filling done in Spain. I cannot get NHS dentist over here so have to go private. The one where I am at the moment is messing me about.

Just need a simple filling. The dentist here wants 2 maybe three appointments and won't give me a price before I go.

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Hi Gromett
    I have no personel experience of the Spanish dentists, but earlier this year a friend had very ggod service in Bennicasim then claimed her fees back on her travel Insurance, I believe you have to get reciepts for the fees charged. Pete

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,072
    If your going to Spain have a couple of weeks in Morocco for free. The dentists are very good and much cheaper than Spain.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +8,647
    I have a hammer and chisel, a pair of pliers and a tube of aryldite can fix you up for a fiver:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,441
    Rex had to go to dentist a couple of years ago - we were in El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz - excellent service and cheaper than UK.

Some people at Zahora regularly visit a local Spanish dentist in preference to English ones!:Smile:

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +21,350
    Thanks everyone. Sounds like just what I need Marie. I will hold out for Zahora I think... It's not painful at the moment just a minor niggle...

I don't want to deal with insurance for this or EHIC stuff etc. Just want to go in. Pay the fee, have it done and bugger off :winky:

The dentist here wants me to pay £30 for a checkup. Maybe come back for an XRay. Then come back yet again for the filling. Charging me at each stage.

I am sorry but the dentist here must have done 10's of thousands of these things and could say. If it is a simple/small one it will be £50 if it require deep work etc it will be no more than £1xx. I don't need a checkup for £30. I know I NEED a filling (only my second in 40 years) and I want it doing without any fuss and I will pay cash.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys. Much appreciated ::bigsmile:

7. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Ratings:
    +25,981
    I offer exactly the same service but with two shots of Malt as anesthetic for just £15.99:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +38,551
    If you need a temporary filling just to keep you going These Kits are pretty good. I used one whilst awaiting an appointment at the dentist a couple of months ago. the cheapest place I've seen them is Asda.

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +21,350
    Thanks Graham. It says

"This is a temporary remedy meant to replace a lost filling or inlay until you have a chance to visit your dentist."

As I don't have a filling already I am guessing this wouldn't be suitable. Thanks though ::bigsmile:

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +38,551
    True, only good if you already have a hole.

If you only got rot, it's good not a lot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

11. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +21,350
    I am 40 and have one filling this will be my second. Is that good or about normal?

12. harryoxford2

harryoxford2 Read Only Funster

Ratings:
    +256
    They reckon the two top things that have increased sinced the 60s...beyond any recognition of reality are......houses...and dentists.

Ive tried to do the same thing and trained to be a hairdresser and only charge £19,000 per hair cut.... so far no takers....life can be cruel.

13. Momo

Momo Funster

Ratings:
    +3,110
    Spanish dentists are excellent - much better and cheaper than in UK. They don't usually charge for check ups. A simple filling is approx 50 Euros.

Hope you get sorted.

14. JJ

JJ Funster

Ratings:
    +35,107
    shouldn't you be helping Rex get ready for the off rather than posting about dentists, little Sis?

(just like I should be getting on with my work..)

JJ

15. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +19,790
    Grommet, find out which of your local hospitals has a dentist department and get along there and get it done for free. A friend of mine has never been to a local dentist always goes to the local dentist dept at the hospital for what ever dental treatment he needed.

16. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Ratings:
    +21,350
    Thanks everyone, Carol going to the hospital before I set off is not practical where I am unfortunately..

I am going to wait for Spain.....