1. This is a place where you can meet someone who might lead you on a tour in your motorhome. The agreement you make with a tour leader is between you and them. You should ensure the person taking the tour is suitable and experienced enough to do so. Any monetary arrangements you make are entirely between the guides and tour members. Motorhomefun has nothing to do with the arrangements, it does not collect commisions. MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the tour and only provides this forum as way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual. Your use of this service/forum is acknowledgement of your acceptance of this..

Dismiss Notice

Tour Guide Wanted Denmark and Norway

Discussion in 'Motorhome Tour Guides' started by C+C, Jan 3, 2018.

1. C+C

C+C Funster

Ratings:
    +9
    We are thinking of touring Denmaark and Norway April, May and June 2018 any help ànd tops would be appreciated
    CLYDE AND Chris

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  2. bladerunner

bladerunner Funster

Ratings:
    +918
    We toured Norway in 2016 and I toured Norway by bike in 2017.
    To get there~:
    There are no direct ferries to Norway from UK.
    By MH we took ferry Harwich to Hook of Holland, then drove through Holland and Germany to Denmark.
    Ferry to HOH is enjoyable overnight
    That is a fairly dull drive and Denmark centre is flat and fairly dull.
    We camped close to the ferry - Hirtshalls to Kristiansand. That is surprisingly quick and easy.

By bike we rode under Denmark and then up to Kiel and overnight to Oslo. That is a huge ferry and quite enjoyable - although the ferry staff (especially Norway end) are useless dudes!

How much you enjoy Norway depends on the size of your unit and the weather.
    Tolls can be very high and some roads get a bit narrow, but the scenery is beyond beautiful. They have spent and spent on bridges and tunnels.

Food and booze is expensive, but you can stock up before.

By bike we went above the Arctic circle and then back down the West coast - it was +24'c and spectacularly beautiful.
    By MH (8m) I had a few tight moments and our tolls were many £100's. We had snow and some rain and my wife was less than ecstatic at times.

Bottom line is that Norway is all geography - get the weather right and there is nowhere better (Scotland on steroids). Poor weather and your options are limited.
    Denmark's beauty is on the coast.
    The big bridge to Sweden is impressive, but southern Sweden is flat so there is a surprising limit to great views.

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bladerunner

bladerunner Funster

Ratings:
    +918
    inside of big ferry to Oslo. IMG_7474.jpg

• Like it Like it x 2
  4. bladerunner

bladerunner Funster

Ratings:
    +918
    The sort of scenery you would need to endure. IMG_7628.jpg

• Like it Like it x 2
    • Love it Love it x 2
  5. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +14,916
    I'm a member of a Bookface group campaining to reopen a direct link to Scandinavia since DFDS dropped anchor on the Harwich to Esbjerg route. An interesting item was posted a day or two ago with a link to a news article that raised our hopes. If it ever gets off the ground it won't be soon enough for the OP or my trip planned for May.

Edinburgh Evening News

• Like it Like it x 1
  6. paddymcc

paddymcc Funster

Ratings:
    +20
    We've been 4 times - twice camping and twice in our camper van. It's great (can't be beaten if you like fjords - and we've been to NZ and Alaska). It is a bit weather dependent but if you anticipate that it's not a problem especially I imagine in a larger van as you have.

7. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +20,162
    I watched that on the news yesterday. It would be great if it happens.

8. NomadicDad

NomadicDad Funster

Ratings:
    +28
    We are heading up that way pretty much the same time so will follow this thread / you guys @C+C and maybe be able to pass each other tips depending on whose ahead :)

9. C+C

C+C Funster

Ratings:
    +9
    That would be great will keep you informed via this thread

10. C+C

C+C Funster

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank you blade runner, a great help