Jul 26, 2010
Bonnie Dundee
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Since July 2013
Hi

I have been offered East Neuk's "S" demonstrator/show campervan as my original order has gone a bit haywire at the Fiat end, not the Scottish end.

• Wait at least 5-6 months and miss our planned European trip for this year?
  • Accept the exact same model (the demonstrator) ready now and with discount?

We're going for the latter, but would like thoughts on what discount to accept. I've bought demonstrator cars in the past and bought them "run in" and with no VAT.

Should I expect the same in this case?

We like and trust the family business at Anstruther. Remember the alternative is a LONG wait for a rare "hen's teeth" campervan!

Thoughts??

East Neuk "S" Campervan Comes 2nd

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
like any used vehicle it has a previous owner so the VAT is already paid.
Secondly, like any vehicle, once it's been registered there is a massive hit in resale value.

Couldn't put a real figure on it but I would expect 20% below New price at least...you wouldn't pay anywhere near New retail for a private purchase..

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have been here and done this, if a motorhome is purchased by anyone who is VAT registered and they claim the VAT back through their business when it is resold they have to declare the VAT and pay it to the VAT man, if you buy this vehicle as a part of your VAT registered business you can then demand a VAT receipt and the circle starts again, the VAT man may ask you to justify the reason you need to have a MoHo as part of your business.

So VAT will still be a part of what you pay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Vat is immaterial as it will have to be paid on the retail sale of the van.

Motorhome demonstrators as such are unknown as no one has any, new vans on display are used for that purpose and a test drive can be done on trade plates.

New Vans on display at shows should be transported in the same way as they are delivered from converters.

Looking at car demonstrators like Mercedes is would appear that 10% is the norm but that is a mass market and with say 5000 miles and maybe 12 months old.

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back