Delivery delays - are we being told the whole truth? (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Waitrose are paying around £55k for drivers now. Prices will rise, inflation will follow.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
My bad it’s a complicated question. What are they doing for 55k ?
Sorry, I've no idea. I've just read articles stating that Waitrose are paying LGV drivers around £55k now. This is more than the salaries for some of their executives, lawyers and other managerial roles.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Sorry, I've no idea. I've just read articles stating that Waitrose are paying LGV drivers around £55k now. This is more than the salaries for some of their executives, lawyers and other managerial roles.
So no idea have you, just reading headlines. When you have left school you might understand.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Hauliers loved it when the low cost EU drivers were driving their trucks, cheap , hard working, , living in their trucks, exploitable! Why bother training up the locals?

Builders had the same attitude? Why train apprentices? plenty of Polish willing to work on "price"

Covid? They all went home! on Furlough!, and they didn't come back! Honestly did yo honestly think they would! 80%of their wages paid for doing SFA? What is it now 60%?

AND the Hauliers are bitching!" T-U-F-T-T-Y KITTY ! Your greed! It's come back to bite you on the bum!!

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Speaking to my neighbor this morning who's friend has a haulage company, just taken on a newly qualified driver (21) having to pay 40k, raised pay of experienced drivers to 50k.

That’s £15k (the lower figure) more than a new Police Officer……..are you sure? 🤷‍♂️

Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
By all accounts the HGV driver shortage issue is just as acute in France and Germany; and strangely in the USA too according to my brother who has lived their for the past 30 years.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back