Delftse Hout campsite (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Has any body stayed at this site recently. We are planning to stay there next year and would like to know if access for a 24 foot would be a problem.Have read there are some narrow access roads on site. Not sure if motorhomes have to go into a separate area. All we want is an electricity hook up.
Any comments about the site would help.
Mike

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We stayed there with our 26 foot lunar the roads are narrow on site but we had no problem.

Access to the site itself you need to take the same road as the Buses, I followed the Garmin satnav and it took me under a low underpass 3m clearance as I remember, we just made it under.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Our height is 3.10 meters (9ft 1) with a tv aerial to add on.???
3.1 Meters is 10.1 ft!

If you look at Google maps you will see that you come off a dual carriageway. Our sat Nav at the time then took us on the town side of this an under the carriageway to access the site. The better way is to come of the dual carriageway and take the road on the other side towards Idea it the joins the road to the site at the exit to the underpass that I took.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed here a few years ago.

Nice site but they put us on small pitch even though we told them the size of our motorhome, 6.99 metres. The back end was sticking right out onto the road, I had to complain and they then agreed to move us, there are some really big pitches and some small ones, just insist on a big one.

There's a nice restaurant about 100 yards away but my word its bleeding expensive.

Paul.

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Just had thought about this but going to the site is ok but can I come under the bridge /underpass after Ikea to get back on the m/w to the Hook of Holland

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
All my family had a great time and everything went well . No problems. Thanks to the Camping&Caravan club for the help given.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back