Delay time before ferries refund you? (1 Viewer)

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
We're due to sail Seafrance, Dover-Calais, on Wednesday morning and things are starting to look a bit iffy with fuel shortages and port blockades.

Link Removed

Our saver booking doesn't give any refund if we cancel but I assume that if there is a long enough sailing delay we can get our money back. Does anyone have any idea how long a sailing must be delayed before we can cancel and get a refund? Seafrance's Ts&Cs make no mention of this:Sad:

As we are only going for 10 days we don't want to be hanging around Dover and Calais for most of the trip, nice though they are.

Ideally we would rather cancel before driving 300 miles to Dover from oop North - has anyone cancelled in these circumstances this before?
TIA
Andy

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
this is very simple contract law

We're due to sail Seafrance, Dover-Calais, on Wednesday morning and things are starting to look a bit iffy with fuel shortages and port blockades.

Link Removed

Our saver booking doesn't give any refund if we cancel but I assume that if there is a long enough sailing delay we can get our money back. Does anyone have any idea how long a sailing must be delayed before we can cancel and get a refund? Seafrance's Ts&Cs make no mention of this:Sad:

As we are only going for 10 days we don't want to be hanging around Dover and Calais for most of the trip, nice though they are.

Ideally we would rather cancel before driving 300 miles to Dover from oop North - has anyone cancelled in these circumstances this before?
TIA
Andy

Any first year law student can give you the answer to this one.

1) you have a contract
2) Consensus ad idem - agreeing to same thing i.e they sell you a passage you buy a passage.
3) rescission - setting a side a contract i.e making it void

so if you are not able to travel due to the fact that the contract cannot be performed by the ferry company you are entitled to your money back... BUT and there is always a BUT.. you will have to produce yourself to the docks for transportation for the contract to become void unless the ferry company puts a notice on there web site that they will honour a later use or a refund.

Simple issue.. look at the web site and see what they say .. if you paid by credit card you may be able to get a refund from the card company. If paid another way then approcah who you paid (i.e Ferry company) and ask for a refund.. you will get your money back as the contract will not be able to be performed.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back