Defibrillators at Rallies Anyone. (1 Viewer)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I was told at St. John’s ambulance course that if you’re unpaid and doing it free to help an individual you will not be prosecuted. Different if you’re involved as a member of staff working for that organisation etc. Joe public trying to help another member of the public is ok.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I was told at St. John’s ambulance course that if you’re unpaid and doing it free to help an individual you will not be prosecuted. Different if you’re involved as a member of staff working for that organisation etc. Joe public trying to help another member of the public is ok.
Precisely.

Jan 25, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1962
An excellent idea, I have installed two community Defibrillator's in the past neither received any government funding .BHF. Will fund community centre projects the one I installed in a redundant phone box was funded by the community .
Anyone from the Stafford Area / Telford Area I will be running free training sessions on CPR and Defibrillator operation in my village Community Centre during Oct dates to be confirmed. Message me if interested

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just to mention that we, MY WIFE AND MYSELF are both ex NHS professionals and We do CARRY a defibrillator on board the motorhome at all times, we are both trained, although the one we have is pretty foolproof in that it has an automatic program that does not allow you to shock anybody in sinus rhythm or if they are in asystole which is not recoverable. So in case of emergency and we are there, let either of us know,
We will be at Lincoln Show
G.D16 FUN Hymer MLI it is a white one Usually flying a White horse of Kent flag on a red background for me to find my way back.
Wifey is in there most of the time if not both of us.
Wildcampers , also have another in the admin van for their rallies.
I did have to carry out CPR for 15 minutes on an elderly gentleman in Canterbury just by the Park and ride park. It was successful and when the ambulances both arrived through heavy traffic they shocked him six times on the trip to KCH. I went up to see him next day having nor expected him to have survived. He moaned a bit from the pain from six cracked ribs that I had given him, but Hey-Ho, he lived and went home a week later. That made me very happy, and it prompted the purchase of the defib'. To carry in the car and Motorhome.
As for the insurance you do not need, any as any attempt to save a DEAD PERSON is a good one, as you cannot be deader than dead. The cost of our one was £800, ready to go, but it will need a service in a couple of years, the pads are about £70 a set for our one.

Last edited:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'm in.
Being ex-crew I have had training & can confirm all the positive comments.
I've also done CPR for real & can also confirm it's very hard work.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well that’s it to many looking for a claim so before I use ours on anyone !
I will ask their permission!
In the mean while if I am on the floor please use it .....!

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
My last update was less than six years ago and same advice straight to compressions as it uses the oxygen already in the blood

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
You really do not need to worry about the details, the devices will only allow you to shock what is known as a shockable rythmn, usually VF. If you don't shock them and no one else does they will die, you have nothing to lose. The machine tells you exactly what to do provided you press the button to turn it on. You cannot overide the machine and shock by accident. All the chat on Casualty etc is about trying to change an unshockable into a shockable rythm.
Watch a video about CPR , the person is dead, you can't make them more dead, just make sure you are safe and call for help.
Happy to contribute, I have a variety of mouth pieces in my handbags as there aren't many of you who I want to do mouth to mouth on without a barrier!
Hadn't thought about buying my own device.

I carry them too

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Maybe, Jim could do it like they used to on Blue Peter, start off hoping to raise enough for the battery to go in one, then the cables, then the machine itself to finally building a hospital in his name. Blue Peter after all only wanted one life boat for RNLI went on to buy a fleet, there were more guide dogs than blind people wanting them. But in all seriousness there clearly appears enough people to thinking it a good idea, wiling to contribute to start the fund off, so Jim when you have the time lets get on with it.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Have attached some details of 2 stand alone AED. Price is from earlier this year. I am assured that of their type these are amongst the best.

Attachments

• 170321-AED Bronze Package.pdf
    860.1 KB · Views: 29
Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I am trained in CPR and would not hesitate to help anyone who needs this type of treatment.
Alternatively, if i need it please feel free to practice as it may save my life. Xxx

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Just done a first aid corse two weeks ago we were told there is a law called Sarah’s Law that protects you from prosecution if you do crack a rib or other injuries while trying to save someone’s life while doing cpr

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Yesterday I had a turn there was a defibulator in the house before the ambiance arrived
When the paramedic asked who would use it if nead be the wee-man piped up me it's child's play
I have had the training at school
Bill

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yesterday I had a turn there was a defibulator in the house before the ambiance arrived
When the paramedic asked who would use it if nead be the wee-man piped up me it's child's play
I have had the training at school
Bill
Good to know Jay is on the ball but hope you are feeling all good now Bill!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I carry one all the time in vehicle , and there is a sign saying it is carried :)

SARAH is for statutory duty cases
There are cases in law that constitute a "good Samaritan " principle that if you a member of public are acting in good faith you cannot be found guilty

Further info SARAH is also relevant to previous medical professionals as well as current , when acting as a MOP in emergency action

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I will be donating as a person who has just had two stents fitted and a wiper away for death its
Now recuvering on the coronary care unit at scunthorp General hospital
1537972867437423067302.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back