Decathlon e-bike? (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
We're in Saumur at the mo one week in to our four week break in France.
We were in the local Decathlon store this morning and I was getting tempted by one of these https://www.decathlon.fr/vae-ville-elops-900-e-lf-id_8379380.html
Right at the mo it would help me get about a bit better than I've been able to sustain walking and I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on or has this particular bike? I've no as in zero experience of e bikes but the write up I've read about this one seemed quite positive.
Any advice gratefully received. Cheers guys.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We had the cheaper one from Decathlon which is around €800. Lasted 4 years before the hub motor seized up €1200 seems a bit pricey if it has a hub motor as the crank ones are better but perhaps another €400 on top.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
"Decathlon" bikes are not built by them, but only by generic subcontractors, (in China I assume)...... and are very much built down to a price, not up to a standard.

You gets what you pays for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just two things to consider as a motorhomer wanting to carry an eBike.

The weight of the bike. How you would carry it on/in the motorhome, can YOU lift it.

How would you propose charging the battery, while travelling, inverter, site electric.

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Was hoping to use on site electric to charge up but I agree about the weight issue and lifting it onto the bike carrier. I'm slowly going off the idea. Think we'll carry on and see how we go. Maybe I'll hire one for a few days when we next stop. It's just that at the mo, I'm having difficulty keeping up a decent walking pace for medical reasons and I don't really want to be stuck in/by the van all the time!

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Check out leclerc @hilldweller got one of these https://www.sport.leclerc/velo-ville-26-e-phoenix recently so could probably tell you about weight and stuff of it, but they also have a few others

there seems to be some discount thing on ebikes in france at the mo as well
"Eligible for the 20% bonus purchase price (maximum € 200), in connection with the acquisition of an electric-assisted bicycle as stated in Article D.251-2 of the Energy Code as of 19.02.2017 More information : More information: More information: http://www.asp-public.fr/bonus-velo"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back