Debris in overhead flyscreen (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Any tips for cleaning out debris from the overhead flyscreen, when I pull it across I can see it but to get at it I have close it so unable to remove bits of leaves, bugs etc.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
The whole cassette holding the blind and flyscreen should detach from the roof light. You can then clean it carefully on a bench, I used a stiff paintbrush.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
The whole cassette holding the blind and flyscreen should detach from the roof light. You can then clean it carefully on a bench, I used a stiff paintbrush.
I was hoping to avoid that as it has a winding mechanism attached. Away in Shrewsbury at the mo so best I wait till I'm home before doing anything radical. Thanks for the reply anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Try a small bendy feather duster slid in and waved about over the screen inserted in the bit you have open; ie pulling debris forward when you have almost pulled it shut - then release quickly with a slam and this might dislodge the bits [they will fall on the floor and on you tho !

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
When we get home & parked up, I find getting the Henry type vacuum cleaner out, with the small round brush attachment is the best quickest method of cleaning dust/debris off anything delicate like flyscreen's, airducts, dash board etc. The long thin attachments gets into all the small crevices anywhere else.
Dog owners would be more used to it than me I guess, as hairs are a completely different ballgame.
Good luck to the OP.
LES

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
What amazes me, is just how filthy dirty they get. Shouldn’t surprise me really, but wow do they get mucky.

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
What amazes me, is just how filthy dirty they get. Shouldn’t surprise me really, but wow do they get mucky.
Had the plastic grill off the omnivent yesterday and gave that a good seeing to as it was well cruddy. Anyway that's all me house work done for awhile 🙂

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
I found this Youtube episode of the Motorhome man amusing - but it was probably me. How to clean / repair Fly screens. Who's Barry :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back