Deals mot garages and other fatherless persons. (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
im afraid you are heading for a very expensive experiance , putting a bit of new metal underneath your van will pale into very far significene when you start messing with courts.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
mate, i know no one takes any notice of me on here but just once i hope you do, you are not going to get anything off these people , you have had a 17 year old vehical for a year, been driving about in it without checking it out till it came up to test again , what did you expect, for gods sake dont get throwing good money after bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Stop Video at 8.45 and note hole in supporting panel just blasted over with shulz
he will stick some filler in it for sure
then next years Tester will get all the shit for passing it
very poor welding repairs

OP
OP
J
Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
By the way, the title of this thread is supposed to read, Dealers, mot garages............... Don't know what happened there.

OP
OP
J
Oct 19, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Class C?
Exp
Returning to a motorhome.
Chaser. If you are doing it wrong , at least you are getting out doing something

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Stop Video at 8.45 and note hole in supporting panel just blasted over with shulz

The incredible thing is they are proud of the work. I would not put money on it lasting 'till the next MOT. They just did not cut back to sound metal as far as I can see.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The one thing no one has said you were lucky that nothing went when you were going down a motorway or driving through a busy town could have been very serious

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
th
The incredible thing is they are proud of the work. I would not put money on it lasting 'till the next MOT. They just did not cut back to sound metal as far as I can see.
They certainly have not got a clue and im afraid to say it is despite the poor effort better than most diy welding i see as a tester.
just noticed hole in inner cill at about 9 minuets in.
All these defect will im sure be filled with body filler.
heavily undersealed and disquised.
this demonstrates exactly my point regards so called pre mot examination.
And a distorted history
wereas if presented in the normal way a record of corrosion would show on its history
when the tester sees all the gunge he knows only too well whats more than likely happend. even so can make no official comment
explain your comments if you did make any and an appeal is made. vosa strip off the coating and find repairs to mot standard. and if he had welded the holes ive pounted out it is more than probable it would pass despite the poor quality.
if i cant pick off a welded plate with my fingers ive no evidence to allow me to try with any tool
It also once again demonstrates that MoT History is not worth the paper its printed on
Those who say they will only buy vehicles with a clean history should take an qualified person with them
Buyers Beware They Are
Out There

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
For what its worth and to put this kind of corrosion in perspective I saw nothing that suggested structual failure being imminent
brakes steering are unlikey to have been effected I would drive it.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Its got a lot to do with where it comes from, dont see a lot of rot in Florida unless 40 years or more old.
Bill

I bought a 1990`s Winnebago (Avtar) in Florida. in `05, The Chassis STILL had 99.9% of the paint on it as it left the factory.

Maybe we owners (and dealers) should actually inspect the state of the underside of our vehicles - clearly we can't rely on MOT inspectors

As for blaming the dealer - it's clear from the MOT records that problems with rust were recognised years before and 'dealt with'.............clearly not

Problem is, as with mine, is that the MOT history was not available (only abridged online) before I signed it Off!. and receved the Documentation.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
All very well and good looking at advisories but it does not mean imminent failure you can get them for a few years running does not mean they have not looked after vehicle - taking anything other than chassis rust advisory's which is the problem that needs further investigation - that said parts are cheap and an advisory does not mean it will get picked up the following year.

Corrosion is the killer and if you look online for where vehicle makes fail or have problems you can check vehicle make and then check the points prior to purchase

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back