Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
can anyone recommend good dealers in the Midlands . I live in Worcester and need dealers that have cheaper motorhomes upto 22 k any suggestions much appreciated.)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can't help with dealers I'm afraid but have you got a particular type of MH in mind?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrick and Lesley

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
Pretty open minded at this point 2/4 berth Motorhome upto £22,000 possibly end lounge looks good but would consider other layouts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Just over the border is where we had our Bailey 68-2 from. Cosford Caravans. Might be worth a look.

Also worth checking Hayes Leisure, Walsall and AEG, Stourbridge.
Wyn

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Morans, Ludlow or Hayes Leisure, Darlaston. Haven't bought from either, but have looked at their vans in the past, and spoken to them with a view to buying. Both appear to be decent, honest, family companies.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Why just the West Midlands .. Loads of other really good Dealers up and down the country. Don't come to Nottingham though or the small market town near us.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
As part of your research I'd certainly recommend that you visit Nick Whale Motorohome's near Evesham because they have a range of used stock, and the salesman Paul Sadler is fair to deal with.
The technical/workshop side of the operation generated a great deal of stress for us during the buying process, but that's been well documented and all behind us now (hopefully)
I'm sure that RHD and UK registered vehicle purchases would be quite straightforward.
They outsource mechanical stuff, but they can do habitation services etc.
Apart from van layout etc, I'd also urge you to consider the vehicle weight and its available payload, especially if its got accessories already fitted.
Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
As some of the others have said. Morans at Ludlow and Hayes leisure. I have dealt with both and from personal experience I can say that both companies are excellent to deal with and they are both good at backing up the motorhomes they sell.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Upvote 0

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We bought our current van from Hayes and were very happy with them.
However if you’re in Worcester I would have thought some of the South Western dealers like Highbridge were only an M5 journey away.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrick and Lesley

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
Why just the West Midlands .. Loads of other really good Dealers up and down the country. Don't come to Nottingham though or the small market town near us.

Because I can’t travel far this weekend, just wanted to spend my time locally. I’m prepared to travel for the right Motorhome.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrick and Lesley

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
As part of your research I'd certainly recommend that you visit Nick Whale Motorohome's near Evesham because they have a range of used stock, and the salesman Paul Sadler is fair to deal with.
The technical/workshop side of the operation generated a great deal of stress for us during the buying process, but that's been well documented and all behind us now (hopefully)
I'm sure that RHD and UK registered vehicle purchases would be quite straightforward.
They outsource mechanical stuff, but they can do habitation services etc.
Apart from van layout etc, I'd also urge you to consider the vehicle weight and its available payload, especially if its got accessories already fitted.
Best of luck.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be visiting Nick Whale on Sunday. What is a good pay load size? I’m guess this depends on length. Any advice appreciated.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for the heads up. Will be visiting Nick Whale on Sunday. What is a good pay load size? I’m guess this depends on length. Any advice appreciated.

You can get a large van that has plenty of space but a small payload, also you can get a smaller van with lots of payload BUT no where to keep it. A tricky question to ask but you seem aware of payload so that can only be a good thing.
Once you have a particular van or style/ layout in mind do a bit more research before making the final decision. Your going to get lots of advise on here (y) just watch you don't get to baffled by it all.
Good luck with the search.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
What is a good pay load size? I’m guess this depends on length. Any advice appreciated.

In simple terms - Payload is the weight of ALL the stuff you put in or on the vehicle in addition to its build weight.
For example, if your vehicle has a maximum permitted weight of 3500kg, and the vehicle with a bike rack, two bikes, sat TV dish, roller canopy, etc weighs 3250kg, then you have a measly 250kg left to play with to cover everything else you want to carry - such as people, clothes, shoes, bedding, toiletries, food, water (1L = 1Kg) gas bottles, tools, spare wheel, tables, chairs, plates, pots, cutlery, TV, maps, books, laptops, etc. the list has endless possibilities - but your payload hasn't.

I would venture to suggest that a high proportion of caravans and Motorhomes on the road today are overloaded, which lots of owners/drivers won't be bothered about, however, apart from creating issues such as compromised handling, exceeding build and tyre parameters, stopping distances etc - the major headache would start if the vehicle is involved in a serious road traffic collision.
The relevant weight's of the vehicle would feature in the subsequent investigation. This may also lead to any insurance being invalidated or limited.
Its also worth knowing your driving licence limitations.

Have a great time choosing your Motor Home. Ask lots of questions and get a test drive before you buy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrick and Lesley

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
You can get a large van that has plenty of space but a small payload, also you can get a smaller van with lots of payload BUT no where to keep it. A tricky question to ask but you seem aware of payload so that can only be a good thing.
Once you have a particular van or style/ layout in mind do a bit more research before making the final decision. Your going to get lots of advise on here (y) just watch you don't get to baffled by it all.
Good luck with the search.

Thanks for your time replying. Is there a minimum payload I should be looking for?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Patrick and Lesley

Patrick and Lesley

Free Member
Nov 2, 2010
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 1995 B544
Exp
1 year
In simple terms - Payload is the weight of ALL the stuff you put in or on the vehicle in addition to its build weight.
For example, if your vehicle has a maximum permitted weight of 3500kg, and the vehicle with a bike rack, two bikes, sat TV dish, roller canopy, etc weighs 3250kg, then you have a measly 250kg left to play with to cover everything else you want to carry - such as people, clothes, shoes, bedding, toiletries, food, water (1L = 1Kg) gas bottles, tools, spare wheel, tables, chairs, plates, pots, cutlery, TV, maps, books, laptops, etc. the list has endless possibilities - but your payload hasn't.

I would venture to suggest that a high proportion of caravans and Motorhomes on the road today are overloaded, which lots of owners/drivers won't be bothered about, however, apart from creating issues such as compromised handling, exceeding build and tyre parameters, stopping distances etc - the major headache would start if the vehicle is involved in a serious road traffic collision.
The relevant weight's of the vehicle would feature in the subsequent investigation. This may also lead to any insurance being invalidated or limited.
Its also worth knowing your driving licence limitations.

Have a great time choosing your Motor Home. Ask lots of questions and get a test drive before you buy.
Thank you for explaing in such detail and easy to understand way. Given me something to think about. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back