Dealers Methods / Motives (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have been waiting since last autumn to buy a brand new RV . I have been in constant contact with two dealers who both expected recent new RVs to arrive from the US. Both have arrived in the last couple of weeks . One has made me a good trade in offer on my RV against a new model , but the other dealer would not sell me the one which I preferred that is now being openly advertised on his website for £95k , which by the way was priced to me at £102k. ??
I naturally will not now go back to the latter dealer but do not understand why my money was basically rejected in these difficult times and the price was £7k different. :Doh::Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have been waiting since last autumn to buy a brand new RV . I have been in constant contact with two dealers who both expected recent new RVs to arrive from the US. Both have arrived in the last couple of weeks . One has made me a good trade in offer on my RV against a new model , but the other dealer would not sell me the one which I preferred that is now being openly advertised on his website for £95k , which by the way was priced to me at £102k. ??
I naturally will not now go back to the latter dealer but do not understand why my money was basically rejected in these difficult times and the price was £7k different. :Doh::Doh:

Possibly, maybe, because he no longers wants your part ex as he is short of money. Only reason I can think off.

Peter

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I don't know the situation here but one of the reasons that so few of the RV dealers now put prices in the ARV magazine is the fluctuation in the £ to $ rate.

They may quote you a price here on one particular day that can fluctuate by several hundreds of £s (up or down) by the time the RV arrives in this Country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The price offered to me was just a few days ago and the reduced price has appeared since. The offer on the trade in was relatively low to reflect current values, which I do not question.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The price offered to me was just a few days ago and the reduced price has appeared since. The offer on the trade in was relatively low to reflect current values, which I do not question.

Sounds the wrong way round to me! If the pound/dollar is like the euro the p/x value in relation to new would go up.

Or have I got it all wrong?

Peter

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Irrespective of pound/dollar I do not question the trade in price. The bit that I did not understand that 5 days ago the price for the new RV was £102k and this weekend has appeared on the dealers website at £95k.
Also 5 days ago I could not buy the RV and yet today it is for sale, weird !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Advert already paid for, embarassing to get phone calls as soon as ad appears, may get better deal on someone elses trade in - or hopefully for dealer - no trade-in at all?

Just thoughts.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Advert already paid for, embarassing to get phone calls as soon as ad appears, may get better deal on someone elses trade in - or hopefully for dealer - no trade-in at all?

Just thoughts.

Website costs nothing and easliy changed!

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back