dealer warning (1 Viewer)

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi , Just a quick word that i hope will alert future prospective buyers about a dealer based near to durham tees valley airport.
After spending £40k with these people i had need to return with my motorhome for work under the warranty, the vehicle was booked in and i attended at 8.50am and waited patiently for the work to be carried out, some 2 hours later after walking up and down the premises i lost my patience and complained vigorously to the guy supposedly attending to me, this conversation was overheard by the owner of the business and he confronted me regarding my complaint in a very agresive manner. following a brief discussion he told me to take my vehicle away and take my business elswhere, i advised this was a little late as he already had my £40K
he told me not to come back and that he was not bothered about loosing me as a customer as he had another 499 like me.

Needless to say i will not be spending another penny with this guy and should the need arise for work under the warranty i will be making enquiries regarding this at another dealer.

They take your money and then abuse you when ,as a customer i had the need to complain regarding the after sales or should i say lack of after sales attention.

I would advise you to spend your money with a company that apreciates you as a valuable customer, you do not expect to be treated in such a thugish manner.

VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER, but he has 499 like me so he is not bothered::bigsmile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Doesn't bode well if a dealer is treating you like that.

I'd be thinking of having a word with the manufacturer.Was it Manufacturer's warranty or Dealers?

Hopefully some of the 499 will read this,relate to it, and vote with their feet.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry to hear of you experience, i presume you mean cleveland motorhomes ?

we bought our kontiki from them a year ago and found they were very helpful and efficent, and above all , polite.

you must have caught them on a bad day, not saying the treatment you recieved was called for.

the only gripe we had was with the finance adviser who didnt tell us half the facts hence we are stuck with long term finance we never wanted.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi Papa John,

You guessed correct, i run a business ,if i spoke to my customers in the aggresive manner they used on me i would be out of business very quickly, i believe this guy has been handed the business on a plate and lacks the basic customer care skills many people have to learn through training, he certainly has a lot to learn

OP
OP
H

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
Hi American Dream,

The defect was under the manufacturers warranty, i presume any further problems can be dealt with by other dealers, as i have no intention of going back to this company.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Can you explain a little more on what you mean when you say you "i lost my patience and complained vigorously to the guy supposedly attending to me" as it really does have a bearing on what happened as employers have a responsibility to their employees and not just to a customer.

Depending upon the motorhome manufacturer you may find it very diffecult to get other franchised dealers to work or carry out warranty claims on your vehicle

Hi , Just a quick word that i hope will alert future prospective buyers about a dealer based near to durham tees valley airport.
After spending £40k with these people i had need to return with my motorhome for work under the warranty, the vehicle was booked in and i attended at 8.50am and waited patiently for the work to be carried out, some 2 hours later after walking up and down the premises i lost my patience and complained vigorously to the guy supposedly attending to me, this conversation was overheard by the owner of the business and he confronted me regarding my complaint in a very agresive manner. following a brief discussion he told me to take my vehicle away and take my business elswhere, i advised this was a little late as he already had my £40K
he told me not to come back and that he was not bothered about loosing me as a customer as he had another 499 like me.

Needless to say i will not be spending another penny with this guy and should the need arise for work under the warranty i will be making enquiries regarding this at another dealer.

They take your money and then abuse you when ,as a customer i had the need to complain regarding the after sales or should i say lack of after sales attention.

I would advise you to spend your money with a company that apreciates you as a valuable customer, you do not expect to be treated in such a thugish manner.

VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER, but he has 499 like me so he is not bothered::bigsmile:

OP
OP
H

hopperleslie

Free Member
May 8, 2008
Funster No
Hello Braunton,
I explained to the guy that i had been waiting around for more than 2 hours and could not be expected to sit patiently all day waiting for the defect to be rectified, i said that i was most unhappy with my dealings with the company bearing in mind that other work they had carried out was unsatisfactory, at this point the boss appeared with his aggresive manner and attitude, surely when you spend this type of money you would expect to be treated in a proffessional manner and not be told to take your business elswhere

pan.rider

Free Member
Mar 21, 2008
county durham
Funster No
poor service

i have friends who bought a motorhome from this company it too had to go back for work after the sale i think they were treated ok and all problems were fixed thanks for the info i was thinking of going to buy from this firm so will be carefull and have a good look around perhaps you caught them on a busy day doesnt excuse the way you were treated though thanks mick

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I have learnt that there are always two sides to every story (I have learnt this the hard way in my job). It is really unfortunate that the wrong words - maybe the right words in the wrong context - can have such a damaging effect. I hope you get your issues sorted soon and remember that all of us have bad days sometimes - not a lot of help but I try to see both sides

Best regards

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

That doesn't sound like your earlier suggestion that "i lost my patience and complained vigorously to the guy supposedly attending to me" it sounds more like a rational explanation.

However from your comments below you appear to have already made up your mind that you were not satisfied with the service they had previously supplied or the service they were supplying at the time, so i suppose you could say he made the suggestion before you could ?? about not using his garage again

All I would say is that some of these dealer networks franchises, call them what you will, appear to operate on the basis that most of them only want to carry out warranty repairs to vehicles they actually supplied, while I am sure there are some who will be prepared to carry out warranty work to non-supplied vehicles you may find you have to travel to find them.

Hello Braunton,
I explained to the guy that i had been waiting around for more than 2 hours and could not be expected to sit patiently all day waiting for the defect to be rectified, i said that i was most unhappy with my dealings with the company bearing in mind that other work they had carried out was unsatisfactory, at this point the boss appeared with his aggresive manner and attitude, surely when you spend this type of money you would expect to be treated in a proffessional manner and not be told to take your business elswhere

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Hi American Dream,

The defect was under the manufacturers warranty, i presume any further problems can be dealt with by other dealers, as i have no intention of going back to this company.

Afraid other dealers have no obligation to help you. What was the nature of your problem?

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We dont have a problem with warranty work on any Swift Brand conversion irrespective of where or from whom it was purchased.

Same with built in products like Truma for example where we are service agents.

Book it in and you will be treated in the same way as our customers are, no difference.

Regards

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi American Dream,

I would seriously think about addressing your issues in full with the manufacturer and putting your concerns in writing regarding support from another dealer.

Perhaps someone can recommend another for you?:thumb:

J

j&a

Deleted User
you dont say what work needed carrying out on your vehicle , and if they had given you a time scale for the work to be carried out. ime if i need work carrying out i normally drop off the van and then they call me when its ready.

J

j&a

Deleted User
sorry forgot to add if this owner/manager spoke to you this way then you have every right to complain, but as another poster said there is always two side to a story and maybe both of you were having a bad day. hope you get your mh sorted soon whatever the problem is with it:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back