Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Having purchased our vans at the same place, they came automatically with a 5 years Vehicle and Habitation warranty as part of the deal (Still advertised on the Dealer website.

To comply with the terms and conditions, the vehicle as to be serviced as per the Fiat service schedule and the Habitation area needs to have an annual service / inspection. Dealer informed me we did not necessarily need to have the services done by them.

When the Fiat and Sunlight warranty period expires, the extension is covered by The Warranty Group Services (Isle of Man) Limited.

Worth the paper it’s written on? No idea and I hope I don’t need to use it. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lucky

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Here's an update on my opening post.

My dealer has fixed a couple of issues (stiff sliding door and fridge power switch not functioning). They have also submitted a warranty claim to Sunlight for condensation under the screen of the multi media head unit. They have also recently offered to help resolve a warranty claim I had against Fiat for problems with the handbrake. Our relationship is civil and I don't want to spoil it in case I need their support in the future.

With regards to kit in the brochure that was missing, I am however keeping my powder dry. I believe that any claim must be against my dealer and not the manufacturer and I don't wish to take action, at least not now.

To add a little detail to my earlier post, Sunlight have said that despite what was in its brochure, they NEVER offered a tv etc with my XV special edition of the Cliff PVC, nor as an option, hence they can't put right what was never been available. Hmm, well, I've seen YouTube videos taken at the Dusseldorf (?) show where my model was exhibited and, guess what, it had a tv mount on the wall. No tv admittedly, but provision for one.

I guess it boils down to whether the small print about spec may change is copper bottomed.

With regards to the after sales electrical upgrades I requested but the dealer couldn't / wouldn't instal, I'm using a local auto electrician which has delivered an excellent and good value service.

Oh, and with regards to why I didn't reject the vehicle (bought without finance), I'd waited too long for my order to start again or buy a vehicle ex stock at inflated prices, even if one was available.

Anyway, I'm now playing the long game and will return to the missing kit when I finally get other warranty issues resolved.

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
That’s a coincidence......I noticed a small patch of condensation on my media player today, middle bottom. :unsure:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Here's an update on my opening post.

My dealer has fixed a couple of issues (stiff sliding door and fridge power switch not functioning). They have also submitted a warranty claim to Sunlight for condensation under the screen of the multi media head unit. They have also recently offered to help resolve a warranty claim I had against Fiat for problems with the handbrake. Our relationship is civil and I don't want to spoil it in case I need their support in the future.

With regards to kit in the brochure that was missing, I am however keeping my powder dry. I believe that any claim must be against my dealer and not the manufacturer and I don't wish to take action, at least not now.

To add a little detail to my earlier post, Sunlight have said that despite what was in its brochure, they NEVER offered a tv etc with my XV special edition of the Cliff PVC, nor as an option, hence they can't put right what was never been available. Hmm, well, I've seen YouTube videos taken at the Dusseldorf (?) show where my model was exhibited and, guess what, it had a tv mount on the wall. No tv admittedly, but provision for one.

I guess it boils down to whether the small print about spec may change is copper bottomed.

With regards to the after sales electrical upgrades I requested but the dealer couldn't / wouldn't instal, I'm using a local auto electrician which has delivered an excellent and good value service.

Oh, and with regards to why I didn't reject the vehicle (bought without finance), I'd waited too long for my order to start again or buy a vehicle ex stock at inflated prices, even if one was available.

Anyway, I'm now playing the long game and will return to the missing kit when I finally get other warranty issues resolved.
Really sorry to hear of your issues, if your brochure is explicit that your edition should have a TV fitted as part of the standard equipment for the special edition then it should be provided. Many adverts and pictures in brochures show additional equipment that are not included so if you double check your brochure against the TV or any other items you were expecting they need to be listed against the spec you ordered. Brochures and videos can be very misleading and not saying your wrong to expect these but as I say do check against the spec list. Hope it all works out for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back